Two-thirds of children living in poverty are part of working families, according to research.
Out of the 4,000 families quizzed by Save the Children, they found:
- The number of children from a working household living in poverty had risen by 12%.
- The UK now has one of the highest rates of low pay in the developed world.
- While showing that child poverty levels fell between 1998 and 2004, the report demonstrates that they stalled thereafter - even before the financial crisis.
- At least half of low-income families have seen their incomes decrease in the last five years.
- Around 70% had found it difficult to meet payments, with more than 40% saying they fell into debt as a result.
More top news
A mother feared to have been planning to travel to Syria with her four children has been charged with child abduction.
Dimitri Diatchenko was sentenced to 60 days community service after eating the animal and sending his ex graphic photos of what he did.
The starving toddler has been taken into care following the incident in Chile - but it is thought the dog may well have saved his life.