Two-thirds of children living in poverty are part of working families, according to research.
Out of the 4,000 families quizzed by Save the Children, they found:
- The number of children from a working household living in poverty had risen by 12%.
- The UK now has one of the highest rates of low pay in the developed world.
- While showing that child poverty levels fell between 1998 and 2004, the report demonstrates that they stalled thereafter - even before the financial crisis.
- At least half of low-income families have seen their incomes decrease in the last five years.
- Around 70% had found it difficult to meet payments, with more than 40% saying they fell into debt as a result.
More top news
Spring takes a hike - for the time being