Two-thirds of children living in poverty are part of working families, according to research.
Out of the 4,000 families quizzed by Save the Children, they found:
- The number of children from a working household living in poverty had risen by 12%.
- The UK now has one of the highest rates of low pay in the developed world.
- While showing that child poverty levels fell between 1998 and 2004, the report demonstrates that they stalled thereafter - even before the financial crisis.
- At least half of low-income families have seen their incomes decrease in the last five years.
- Around 70% had found it difficult to meet payments, with more than 40% saying they fell into debt as a result.
More top news
Jordan Burndred's devastated mum Nicola confirmed the news on Facebook saying the 17-year-old 'didn't make it through the night.'
At least four plots attempts to smuggle highly-radioactive materials to Islamic State militants were stopped in the last five years.
Women should be warned not to drink alcohol for the whole of pregnancy to avoid harming their baby, researchers said.