Two-thirds of children living in poverty are part of working families, according to research.
Out of the 4,000 families quizzed by Save the Children, they found:
- The number of children from a working household living in poverty had risen by 12%.
- The UK now has one of the highest rates of low pay in the developed world.
- While showing that child poverty levels fell between 1998 and 2004, the report demonstrates that they stalled thereafter - even before the financial crisis.
- At least half of low-income families have seen their incomes decrease in the last five years.
- Around 70% had found it difficult to meet payments, with more than 40% saying they fell into debt as a result.
More top news
Charlton Athletic Football Club have launched an internal investigation over an allegation of historical sexual abuse.
The government is "deeply concerned" by reports of UK weapons being used by the Saudis in strikes on civilians in Yemen, Boris Johnson says.
Cold and sunny for most, increasingly cloudy from the west. Cloud and wind spreading from the west of UK.