Two-thirds of children living in poverty are part of working families, according to research.
Out of the 4,000 families quizzed by Save the Children, they found:
- The number of children from a working household living in poverty had risen by 12%.
- The UK now has one of the highest rates of low pay in the developed world.
- While showing that child poverty levels fell between 1998 and 2004, the report demonstrates that they stalled thereafter - even before the financial crisis.
- At least half of low-income families have seen their incomes decrease in the last five years.
- Around 70% had found it difficult to meet payments, with more than 40% saying they fell into debt as a result.
More top news
French firefighters have tamed one of the fiercest blazes to break out during four days of wildfires in the country's Mediterranean coast.
The parents of Maya Kantengule, 7, have paid tribute to their daughter who was found at the bottom of the pool at a friend's birthday party.
Staying unsettled over the next few days, with showers or longer spells of rain