Two-thirds of children living in poverty are part of working families, according to research.
Out of the 4,000 families quizzed by Save the Children, they found:
- The number of children from a working household living in poverty had risen by 12%.
- The UK now has one of the highest rates of low pay in the developed world.
- While showing that child poverty levels fell between 1998 and 2004, the report demonstrates that they stalled thereafter - even before the financial crisis.
- At least half of low-income families have seen their incomes decrease in the last five years.
- Around 70% had found it difficult to meet payments, with more than 40% saying they fell into debt as a result.
More top news
Rain this morning caught many of us out, however more to come as the day goes on.
Australia's first female PM Julia Gillard has told ITV News Wales about sexist barriers in politics and her affinity to her native Wales.
Princess Charlotte will have five godparents - two less than her brother Prince George. This is who the royal couple have chosen.