Two-thirds of children living in poverty are part of working families, according to research.
Out of the 4,000 families quizzed by Save the Children, they found:
- The number of children from a working household living in poverty had risen by 12%.
- The UK now has one of the highest rates of low pay in the developed world.
- While showing that child poverty levels fell between 1998 and 2004, the report demonstrates that they stalled thereafter - even before the financial crisis.
- At least half of low-income families have seen their incomes decrease in the last five years.
- Around 70% had found it difficult to meet payments, with more than 40% saying they fell into debt as a result.
More top news
The MEP predicted many more could withdraw support for party leader Paul Nuttall as he hit out at the newly unveiled integration policies.
Interesting weather today - the sunshine as strong as late summer, but the air as cold as midwinter.
The President's daughter was met with audible groans as she talked about how her father has been "supporting families".