Some 25% of children aged between 5-8-years-old were found to believe bread came from animals, research from a health charity found.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation:
- Another 14% of 8-11 year olds surveyed think bread comes from animals.
- Over a quarter (26%) of 5-8 year olds and 22 percent of 8-11 year olds think that cheese comes from plants.
- Nearly a fifth of primary school children said that potatoes come from animals.
- Another quarter of primary school children, plus more than one in ten (13%) of 8-11 year olds, indicated that pasta comes from animals.
- One in every ten primary school children surveyed thinks that bacon comes from sheep, while 17% think that fish fingers come from chicken.
More top news
The official Brexit campaign "cheated" during the European Union referendum to get around spending limits, a whistleblower has claimed.
A cloudy and damp start for many southeastern areas, but turning brighter through the afternoon.
Countries have been switching off their lights for Earth Hour, a global call for international unity on the importance of climate change.