Some 25% of children aged between 5-8-years-old were found to believe bread came from animals, research from a health charity found.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation:
- Another 14% of 8-11 year olds surveyed think bread comes from animals.
- Over a quarter (26%) of 5-8 year olds and 22 percent of 8-11 year olds think that cheese comes from plants.
- Nearly a fifth of primary school children said that potatoes come from animals.
- Another quarter of primary school children, plus more than one in ten (13%) of 8-11 year olds, indicated that pasta comes from animals.
- One in every ten primary school children surveyed thinks that bacon comes from sheep, while 17% think that fish fingers come from chicken.
More top news
A brewery in the US stopped beer production and started canning emergency drinking water for flood victims in Texas and Oklahoma.
While Fifa battles allegations of corruption, fans are preparing for the oldest cup competition in the world - the FA Cup - tomorrow.
A fine start to the weekend though cloud will start spreading in from the west throughout the afternoon ahead of a wet night.