Some 25% of children aged between 5-8-years-old were found to believe bread came from animals, research from a health charity found.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation:
- Another 14% of 8-11 year olds surveyed think bread comes from animals.
- Over a quarter (26%) of 5-8 year olds and 22 percent of 8-11 year olds think that cheese comes from plants.
- Nearly a fifth of primary school children said that potatoes come from animals.
- Another quarter of primary school children, plus more than one in ten (13%) of 8-11 year olds, indicated that pasta comes from animals.
- One in every ten primary school children surveyed thinks that bacon comes from sheep, while 17% think that fish fingers come from chicken.
More top news
He is accused of raudulently attempting to gain money and housing by pretending he had lost family members.
A plan will be outlined on Monday by Northern Ireland Secretary James Brokenshire after the fourth deadline is missed.
The Government intends to fund abortions in England for women arriving from Northern Ireland, where it is illegal, Philip Hammond has said.