Some 25% of children aged between 5-8-years-old were found to believe bread came from animals, research from a health charity found.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation:
- Another 14% of 8-11 year olds surveyed think bread comes from animals.
- Over a quarter (26%) of 5-8 year olds and 22 percent of 8-11 year olds think that cheese comes from plants.
- Nearly a fifth of primary school children said that potatoes come from animals.
- Another quarter of primary school children, plus more than one in ten (13%) of 8-11 year olds, indicated that pasta comes from animals.
- One in every ten primary school children surveyed thinks that bacon comes from sheep, while 17% think that fish fingers come from chicken.
More top news
On Thursday the Scottish people are expected to signal Labour’s demise north of the border and herald in an army of SNP MPs.
Indian superstar Salman Khan faces up to 10 years in prison for killing a homeless man after a night out drinking.
The curious marsupial went for a late night stroll round the A&E department before casually going back out the way it came.