Some 25% of children aged between 5-8-years-old were found to believe bread came from animals, research from a health charity found.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation:
- Another 14% of 8-11 year olds surveyed think bread comes from animals.
- Over a quarter (26%) of 5-8 year olds and 22 percent of 8-11 year olds think that cheese comes from plants.
- Nearly a fifth of primary school children said that potatoes come from animals.
- Another quarter of primary school children, plus more than one in ten (13%) of 8-11 year olds, indicated that pasta comes from animals.
- One in every ten primary school children surveyed thinks that bacon comes from sheep, while 17% think that fish fingers come from chicken.
More top news
The Football Association today confirmed they have received £350,000 in Twitter fines since 2011
A surfer's near-death encounter with a massive shark has been revealed in new pictures that show he was followed by the animal.
As Fiona Woolf faces calls to quit as head of the Westminster sex abuse probe, here is what you need to know about it so far.