Some 25% of children aged between 5-8-years-old were found to believe bread came from animals, research from a health charity found.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation:
- Another 14% of 8-11 year olds surveyed think bread comes from animals.
- Over a quarter (26%) of 5-8 year olds and 22 percent of 8-11 year olds think that cheese comes from plants.
- Nearly a fifth of primary school children said that potatoes come from animals.
- Another quarter of primary school children, plus more than one in ten (13%) of 8-11 year olds, indicated that pasta comes from animals.
- One in every ten primary school children surveyed thinks that bacon comes from sheep, while 17% think that fish fingers come from chicken.
More top news
Feeling colder with a biting, bitter windchill
A thoughtful teenager has taken Valentine's romance to a whole new level by buying 900 flowers and giving one to every girl in his school.
The group of Adelie penguins dwindled from 160,000 to 10,000 after an iceberg got stuck near their colony, scientists have found.