Some 25% of children aged between 5-8-years-old were found to believe bread came from animals, research from a health charity found.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation:
- Another 14% of 8-11 year olds surveyed think bread comes from animals.
- Over a quarter (26%) of 5-8 year olds and 22 percent of 8-11 year olds think that cheese comes from plants.
- Nearly a fifth of primary school children said that potatoes come from animals.
- Another quarter of primary school children, plus more than one in ten (13%) of 8-11 year olds, indicated that pasta comes from animals.
- One in every ten primary school children surveyed thinks that bacon comes from sheep, while 17% think that fish fingers come from chicken.
More top news
Young cancer patient Bradley Lowery stole hearts while on the Wembley pitch with the England squad.
A 30-year-old man has been arrested in Birmingham by officers investigating the Westminster terror attack, the Metropolitan Police said.
US airline United faces outrage after apparently ordering women to change or lose their seats for being not "properly clothed".