Some 25% of children aged between 5-8-years-old were found to believe bread came from animals, research from a health charity found.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation:
- Another 14% of 8-11 year olds surveyed think bread comes from animals.
- Over a quarter (26%) of 5-8 year olds and 22 percent of 8-11 year olds think that cheese comes from plants.
- Nearly a fifth of primary school children said that potatoes come from animals.
- Another quarter of primary school children, plus more than one in ten (13%) of 8-11 year olds, indicated that pasta comes from animals.
- One in every ten primary school children surveyed thinks that bacon comes from sheep, while 17% think that fish fingers come from chicken.
More top news
Firefighters have warned residents in London that an ongoing blaze could spark the explosion of a gas cylinder.
From church bells to pageants on the Thames, festivities are prepared for the moment the Queen overtakes Victoria.
Four men have admitted conspiracy to burgle in connection with the Hatton Garden safety deposit raid.