The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
John Inge, the Bishop of Worcester, says the death of his wife from cancer at the age of 51 has set him in opposition to the legislation.
A cool weekend ahead but looking dry for many with sunny spells.
Firefighters have warned residents in London that an ongoing blaze could spark the explosion of a gas cylinder.