The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Peter Martinez's remains were discovered in a five-gallon bucket filled with cement up to his shins.
Warmer - even without wall to wall blue skies
The telecoms company announced a 9% rise in profits after increasing prices for TV and broadband customers.