The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Immortalised in the film Zulu, the Battle of Rorke's Drift is an iconic episode of British military history.
Fans and friends of Joe Cocker paid tribute to the Sheffield-born star's long career and his passionate, distinctive voice.
It's going to be turning colder for everyone over the next few days with a band of rain moving southwards across the UK.