The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Amber Heard's lawyers said her decision not to give an initial police statement has been used against her by Johnny Depp's legal team.
A vegan café has reportedly been attacked by a sausage-wielding group in Georgia described as "fascists".
Crystal Palace midfielder Joe Ledley has made Chris Coleman's 23-man squad which will travel to France for Euro 2016.