The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
After six years of cuts to local authority budgets, the money simply isn't there to fund every request for adult social care.
South Carolina residents were told to remain alert to new dangers amid fears more dams in the area could burst as the death toll rose to 16.
As the upcoming film Suffragette is about to be released, ITV News speaks to the family of one of the key figures in the movement.