The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Scientists are researching a blood test which can quickly detect colon, lung, breast, stomach and endometrial cancer.
Transport bosses are said to be in "active discussions" with the company to encourage it to extend its pilot scheme to the UK's capital.
Reports suggest the 67-year-old is expected to be named as one of the hosts of the new series within days.