The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Downpours keeping us on our toes today
The M20 in Kent has been closed in both directions after a pedestrian bridge allegedly collapsed on the motorway on Saturday.
The AA have warned of traffic jams and urged people to carry extra water in their vehicles because of the warm weather.