The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
At least one person has died in the crash after the plane came down in the city of Riverside shortly after take off.
The animal is believed to have been attacked with metal bars, knives and rocks and later died of his injuries.
More than 20,000 allegations of abuse by care home workers have been made in the last three years, figures show.