The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
An Irish man has become an unwitting internet star after his Facebook profile picture was photoshopped dozens of times.
Stranded refugees and migrants clashed with police after young Moroccan man accidentally electrocuted himself
The flame-haired royal is an accomplished polo player but that didn't stop him taking a tumble not once, but twice, during the game.