The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
A man who was blasted three times during the Tunisian beach massacre said he shielded his fiancee and told her: "I'm going to die."
SNP calls on the Prime Minister to "think again" on proposals to give English MPs a veto over legislation which affects only England.
Heavy showers set to spread into western areas tomorrow.