The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Hollywood star Channing Tatum broke the news in a lengthy Facebook post as he paid tribute to Harvey Weinstein's accusers.
Scotland will become the first part of the UK to ban smacking if the bill goes through.
Jeremy Corbyn has arrived in Brussels to "make sure negotiations get on track" as he accused the PM of "upsetting just about everybody".