The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
A giraffe has been born in front of visitors to a zoo in Devon.
Viewers have complained that the act between French ventriloquist Marc Metral and his dog, Miss Wendy, is cruel.
Mother of Bobbi and Christi Shepherd accuses former Thomas Cook CEO Harriet Green of trying to use their memory to gain public sympathy