The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Although it may be a dry and bright start for most, thicker cloud and rain will spread in through the day.
US Democrats must heed the warning of the UK's EU referendum vote to avoid a Donald Trump presidency, Kezia Dugdale has said.
Hundreds of people have been evacuated as a fast-moving wildfire has torched its way across 11,000 acres of land near Los Angeles.