The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
More than 1,400 babies have been born medically obese - weighing 9lbs 15oz or over - in the past four years, figures reveal.
Philippe Coutinho replicated his winner from last season's 3-2 victory over Manchester City with a wonderful curling strike.
A secret refuge has been discovered which protected the flightless birds from the brunt on the cold allowing them to survive.