The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Find out what to expect from the weather if you are running in the big race in London or watching from the sidelines.
It will be a soggy start to the weekend and temperatures will drop making it feel colder than in recent days.
A British couple with a combined age of 194 are to become the world's oldest newlyweds when they marry in the summer.