The European Commission has angered a number of British politicians by offering recommendations on how the British economy could be improved.
The measures set out by the Commission include:
- raise council tax for those in the most expensive homes
- increase the housing stock by creating "appropriate incentives" to build homes
- monitor house prices and "adjust" the Help to Buy scheme if necessary
- prioritse spending on infrastructure to boost the economic recovery
- streamline the qualification system to help improve the skills base
More top news
Donald Trump has signed an executive order withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal.
Donald Trump made a number of "Day One" promises during the US election campaign. So what were they?
The white sheepdog puppies were pulled out by rescuer workers after surviving five days under tons of snow and rubble.