Public Health England has released details of the NHS hospitals which have seen cases of septicaemia in their neonatal intensive care units.
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (3 cases)
- CUH Addenbrookes (Cambridge University Hospitals) (2 cases)
- Luton and Dunstable University Hospital (2 cases)
- Chelsea and Westminster NHS Trust (4 cases)
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation T rust (3 cases)
- The Whittington Hospital (1 case)
Questions have been raised over how a batch of intravenous fluid could potentially have become contaminated, after the death of one baby.
The suspected contaminated batch of a food supplement linked to the blood poisoning of 17 babies, was sent to 22 hospitals.