- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
Fighters blew up Palmyra's Tetrapylon and the facade of its Roman Theatre, according to Syrian antiquities chief Maamoun Abdulkarim.
The 40-year-old man was working at the Khalifa International Stadium which is being renovated ahead of the 2022 World Cup.
Uncapped players Mike Williams, Nathan Catt and Alex Lozowski have been called up to the England RBS 6 Nations squad.