- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
Parents of obese children rarely spot that their child is overweight, doctors warn.
MPs are no longer MPs, just candidates again - Parliament has automatically dissolved and the 'short campaign' begins today.
John Barnes would like to work again as a football manager, but is being hindered due to the colour of his skin.