- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
Five characters from The Beano comic have made fun of a new movie from Pixar whose stars bear an uncanny resemblance.
The 'Voiceover Man' behind the iconic booming announcements on the X Factor has announced he is leaving the show after 11 years.
It's looking to become drier and brighter by the middle of the week but in the meantime we might need a bit of patience.