- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
A service to remember 'Operation Dynamo', the code name for the mass evacuation of allied troops in 1940, will take place on the beach.
The Bank of England has launched a secret project looking at the economic risk to Britain if the country votes to leave the European Union.
The actress and The Only Way Is Essex star Mark Wright will become husband and wife over the Bank Holiday weekend.