- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
The boss of DreamWorks has hinted that a fifth Shrek movie is in the pipeline saying there is "more to come" from the franchise.
Joshua Dobby admitted causing the deaths of child actor and his aunt following police chase in Penge, London, but denied manslaughter.
Official figures showed that services output expanded by 0.4% in the first month after Britain voted to leave the European Union.