- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
Michael Fallon has received reassurances from his US counterpart that security ties with Britain will "endure" following a vote for Brexit.
On Friday, police said it appeared the girl had shot herself in the face with the weapon.
The showers will be slow-moving, heavy and thundery at times, particularly in central and eastern areas.