- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
As Yemen's war enters its third year more than 1,500 children have been killed and a similar number have been recruited in the fighting.
BT has been fined £42 million and is expected to pay £300 million in compensation to rivals over delayed high-speed cable installations.
Dozens of dogs have been flown to the US after they were rescued from a farm in South Korea where they were destined for human consumption.