- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
Figures released by Network Rail and the Samaritans show there have been 33 more deaths on the tracks in the last year.
NHS trusts are denying thousands of women across Britain fertility treatment in a bid to cut costs, a health watchdog has warned.
Overhaul of NHS would include workplace weight-loss schemes with money and shopping voucher prizes.