- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
This is what we know so far about the young boy who was found washed up on Bodrum beach in Turkey.
Weather set to stay cool and cloudy tomorrow
Europe's asylum, immigration and freedom of movement laws "wholly inadequate" to deal with arrival of hundreds of thousands of people.