- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
Sir Philip Green said he is "sad and sorry for all the BHS people caught up in this horrid story".
This evening it'll become largely dry across the UK as the showers in the west gradually die down.
If Jefferson County Fair is anything to go by - Hillary Clinton has her work cut out.