- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
Train operating companies are failing to properly inform passengers about their rights, according to Which?
The average house price in a UK city has surged by nearly a third over the last five years, a shocking report has found.
Former foreign secretary David Miliband says he is 'deeply concerned' and refuses to rule out a future run for the Labour leadership.