- Tesco reported its worst sales figures for 40 years last week.
- The British Retail Consortium reported food sales in the UK are declining for the first time in six years by 0.2%.
- A recent survey from The Institute of Grocery Distribution estimates that between 2012 and 2017 sales at superstores will grow by just 6%, approximately £3.3bn.
- Over the same period, takings at convenience formats are expected to rise by more than 28%.
- Discount retailers will see a growth of 65% and online is expected to rise by a whopping 97.7%.
More top news
The meeting indicates growing concern over deteriorating relations between the US and east Asian nation.
Mel B's estranged husband will be allowed to visit his young daughter - despite accusations of violence and links to the porn industry.
The singer, 70, has been forced to cancel several shows in the US as he recovers from the illness he contracted whilst abroad.