- 4,477: Total US military killed during the war in Iraq
- 13: Total US Department of Defense civilian contractors killed in Iraq
- 32,239: Total US military wounded in Iraq
- 1,115,187: Total number of individuals deployed to Iraq since 2003
- 2,420,798: Total number of deployments to Iraq since 2003 since people deployed multiple times
- 200 (approx): US military personnel currently in Iraq - about half are security guards who protect the Embassy and conduct other security missions and half are advisers assigned to the Office of Security Cooperation Iraq
- 166,300: Military service members in Iraq at the height the war in October 2007.
The Foreign Secretary has been clear on the threat of Isis, but he has ruled out the prospect of any UK military involvement in the crisis.
Iraq’s foreign minister, Hoshyar Zebari, is a natural diplomat. Polite, immaculately dressed, and blessed with a great memory.
Isis has paraded military equipment in Mosul it captured from when the Iraqi army fled in what some see as a "nightmare scenario."