Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Thousands are protesting in Barcelona to demand the release of two Catalan pro-independence activists jailed by Spanish authorities.
The mogul has reportedly agreed to permanently leave the company he co-founded after a flood of sex abuse complaints.
A 20-year-old man who died in a triple stabbing outside Parsons Green Tube station has been named by police.