Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Experts have warned that Ash dieback's impact on millions of trees could have serious consequences for the landscape and wildlife.
White House officials said that the US intelligence community has confirmed the death of Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar.
Jamie Oliver and health experts have been asked to help the Government in tackling the problem of obesity in primary school children.