Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Here's everything you need to know about the new Government scheme which charges shoppers at major supermarkets and shops for plastic bags.
Britons have been warned to expect plunging temperatures and wet weather as remnants of Hurricane Joaquin hit.
George Osborne has recruited former Labour minister Lord Adonis to spearhead efforts to get Britain building again.