Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Plumbers and heating engineers should be trained to help people living in homes that are too cold, according to new health guidelines.
Rain for the northwest, dry and cold elsewhere
Rejecting a showdown with Ed Miliband, David Cameron's terms sent to broadcasters reveal his deep dissatisfaction with the debate proposals.