Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
EastEnders bosses have promised to send Jake Wood's character "out with a bang".
Bono said the death of Dennis Sheehan, who had been the band's manager for more than 30 years, was like "losing a family member".
Up until today Zurich has always been a safe haven for Fifa - an island could behave just how they wanted. Yesterday changed everything.