Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Captain Steve Smith admitted Australia deliberately tampered with the ball during the third Test against South Africa.
Staying cloudy across southeastern areas throughout the night with some light rain at times.
Thousands of protesters have swarmed into the US capital and cities across the world to march for gun control.