Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Nick Thomas, an experienced endurance athlete, set off from Dover on Saturday morning.
Two pilots have been arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol as they prepared to fly from Scotland to the New York.
Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of drugs offences following the death of a 17-year-old youth who collapsed at Leeds Festival.