Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
It’s an unlikely love story but football has its romance back - how Leicester City triumphed in 2015/16.
Peston on Sunday, a new live current affairs programme hosted by ITV News political editor Robert Peston, begins this this weekend.
Leicester City's players and fans are celebrating after winning the Premier League - but how did they claim their first top-flight title?