Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Jeremy Corbyn is writing to the Parliamentary Labour Party to say he cannot back airstrikes on Syria, ITV News understands.
Rows of students stood and turned their backs before filing out of the lecture theatre.
Two-sub machine guns and ammunition were found in a police raid on traveller sites across Northern England