Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Public Health England wants smoking to be banned in every hospital's buildings and grounds.
From the time and place, to the nominees and host, as the statuettes are given a final polish, here's a cheat sheet to tonight's ceremony.
Figures released to Parliament show more than 12,000 military food packages were thrown away between April and December last year.