Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Team Sky's Chris Froome is set to win the 2016 Tour de France with an overall lead of four minutes 11 seconds after stage 20 to Morzine
The attempted kidnap of an RAF serviceman took place near RAF Marham, in Norfolk, on Wednesday.
Footballer Marc Crosas faces an investigation after pictures emerged of him appearing to have speared an endangered baby shark