Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Greater Manchester Police visited a property twice on Saturday - finding a body on the second occasion.
163,000 French and 143,000 German soldiers were killed in the 10-month battle in 1916.
As many as 700 migrants have been died after three consecutive days of shipwrecks off the coast of Libya, the UN Refugee Agency has said.