Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
Heavy security presence as 64,000 fans gather at the Stade de France stadium for the Six Nations rugby match between France and Italy.
Today's rain will clear into the North Sea tonight, but winds will stay strong, with showers feeding in to the north and west.
Noela Rukundo was snatched off the street after her husband paid hitmen to murder her – but lived to tell the tale.