Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
This is a table of the statistics regarding under-18s and under-16s, who have been caught drink driving in the period 2008 to 2013.
Children as young as 11 and 12 are being caught drinking and driving, police records show.
Bond is back, again - author Anthony Horowitz is writing a new 007 novel based on an idea by the secret agent's creator Ian Fleming.