Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
The veteran singer, 75, will release his 101st album - 'News of Just ... Fabulous Rock 'n' Roll' - in November.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were left cautiously watching every step after making an impromptu visit aboard a steam train.
Scientists concluded 12.5% of cardiovascular deaths could be avoided if more Britons changed their diets.