Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
There will be a three-way split across the UK this afternoon, weather-wise.
Nigel Farage has been forced again to field questions about his party's members on the day he wanted to be discussing a new election pledge.
Following Bradford City downing Premier League leaders Chelsea on Saturday, we take a look at the greatest FA Cup upsets.