Actor Sam Kelly starred in a number of iconic British sitcoms in a career that spanned five decades.
- Born in Manchester on December 19, 1943
- Trained at London Academy of Dramatic Arts in the early 1960s
- First big break in Porridge, playing Bunny Warren
- Later appeared in hit sitcom 'Allo 'Allo, set in occupied France
- Also appeared in several films, Common People, Honest and Nanny McPhee
- Later TV work includes appearances in sitcoms Black Books and Outnumbered.
- Recently starred iin West End musical Wicked, playing the Wizard of Oz, a role he had to withdraw from due to illness.
More top news
ITV News Central has obtained exclusive footage of the moment a building collapsed in Nepal causing chaos in the streets surrounding it.
A Liberal Democrat election candidate has been suspended by the party over allegations that he falsified his council nomination papers.
A Conservative local election candidate who said she could never support Ed Miliband "the Jew" has been suspended by the party.