Somali-linked Islamist militants, who claimed responsibility for two nights of attacks on Kenyan coastal towns, have said they will "continue" operations in the country.
"We raided villages around Mpeketoni again last night," Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab, the spokesman for al Shabaab's military operations told Reuters.
The group also said it had killed as many as 20 people, mostly police, stating: "Our operations in Kenya will continue."
More top news
Can you guess what film the cow was trying to watch?
New 'smart ticketing' plans will also be introduced so travellers can receive automatic compensation payments for late trains.
The 41-year-old father of six died last Thursday - a week before he and the band had been due to begin touring in North America.