It is illegal to:
- To sell alcohol to someone under 18 anywhere.
- For an adult to buy or attempt to buy alcohol on behalf of someone under 18.
- For someone under 18 to buy alcohol, attempt to buy alcohol or to be sold alcohol.
- For someone under 18 to drink alcohol in licensed premises, except where the child is 16 or 17 years old and accompanied by an adult. In this case it is legal for them to drink, but not buy, beer, wine and cider with a table meal.
- For an adult to buy alcohol for someone under 18 for consumption on licensed premises, except as above.
- To give children alcohol if they are under five.
More top news
The 2017 Oscars will be remembered as the year the wrong film got the best picture award, but it wasn't the first memorable mix-up.
The family of a girl who died of an asthma attack after a GP turned her away, are speaking out after the doctor only got a written warning.
An ex-boyfriend murdered a couple after he searched on google for videos on getting revenge and the lengths of sentence for murder.