It is illegal to:
- To sell alcohol to someone under 18 anywhere.
- For an adult to buy or attempt to buy alcohol on behalf of someone under 18.
- For someone under 18 to buy alcohol, attempt to buy alcohol or to be sold alcohol.
- For someone under 18 to drink alcohol in licensed premises, except where the child is 16 or 17 years old and accompanied by an adult. In this case it is legal for them to drink, but not buy, beer, wine and cider with a table meal.
- For an adult to buy alcohol for someone under 18 for consumption on licensed premises, except as above.
- To give children alcohol if they are under five.
More top news
People living near a string of gangland shootings are being urged to turn in the gunmen, as police chiefs warned: "Enough is enough."
The RFU's inquiry into what went wrong for England at the Rugby World Cup could be long and painful.
Nina Nannar has an unforgettable encounter with the man who has run the Chanel couture house for more than 30 years.