It is illegal to:
- To sell alcohol to someone under 18 anywhere.
- For an adult to buy or attempt to buy alcohol on behalf of someone under 18.
- For someone under 18 to buy alcohol, attempt to buy alcohol or to be sold alcohol.
- For someone under 18 to drink alcohol in licensed premises, except where the child is 16 or 17 years old and accompanied by an adult. In this case it is legal for them to drink, but not buy, beer, wine and cider with a table meal.
- For an adult to buy alcohol for someone under 18 for consumption on licensed premises, except as above.
- To give children alcohol if they are under five.
More top news
Nasa's Maven spacecraft enters into the orbit of Mars after a 10-month, 442 million-mile journey.
British actress Emma Watson called for more feminists in society and called upon men to promote gender equality in a speech at the weekend.
Twitter falls out of favour and Instagram makes ground in the 2014 CoolBrands UK survey.