The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
There will be blustery showers across northern parts overnight with showery rain and sleet across the south.
Rap mogul Marion 'Suge' Knight has been arrested on murder charges after a fatal hit-and-run incident in Los Angeles.
The Canadian used only ice hooks to scale the frozen cliffs, and says the walls were "unstable" and "unpredictable".