The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
A man with 62 penalty points on his licence is among thousands of motorists allowed to drive despite exceeding the limit warranting a ban.
Storm Doris is set to bring severe weather across much of the UK on Thursday as heavy rain and strong winds push in from the west.
President Trump has scrapped protections for transgender students that had allowed them to use bathrooms matching their gender identity.