The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
The Boeing 777 was reportedly intercepted by two Hungarian Air Force Gripens after it lost contact with air traffic controllers.
Culture Secretary is mulling over a bar on the broadcaster going head-to-head with commercial rivals as part of the review of its charter.
EastEnders stalwart Dame Barbara, 78, is leaving the soap and her final episodes as Peggy Mitchell will be shown in just over a week.