The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
An endurance runner has set a new record by running and climbing 24 mountains over a distance of 56 miles, in 24 hours.
It is up to the Supreme Court judges to decide whether the legal dispute over Brexit is, perhaps, a red herring for something else.
Urdu, Chinese, Arabic and Polish make up the majority of languages after English.