The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
British authorities say they're ready to handle Ebola, if it should land in this country. But is that message getting out to everyone else?
Thousands of air passengers face severe travel disruption tomorrow after a glut of flights were cancelled due to high winds and heavy rain.
Satellite images have revealed the destruction in and around the town of Kobani, on the Syrian border.