The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
We are set to enjoy some sunshine after all that ice, snow and frost - albeit with temperatures still low.
The woman who was raped by Ched Evans has been forced to move house five times since being identified on Twitter, her father has said.
After ice and snow, a more dry and settled picture across the UK today - but it's still set to be chilly.