The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
Glaucoma is the biggest cause of permanent blindness and affects 60 million people around the world - a tenth of whom are completely blind.
United Airlines has apologised for its initial response after a passenger was injured as he was forcibly removed from an overbooked flight.
It is said that the teenager attacked and raped the woman, in her forties, on April 19 near to a park in Kidbrooke, south-east London.