The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
Ministers are ready to reduce the waiting time for Universal Credit payments following an outcry from Tory MPs, it has been suggested.
Storm Brian will bring strong or very strong winds across southern and western parts of the UK
The spanish PM said he wants the country's senate to give him direct power to dissolve the Catalan government and call an election.