The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
A man from China has set a rather unenviable new world record - by covering himself in more than 1.1 million bees, weighing 17st.
Chinese goalkeeper Sui Weijie has been fined 50,000 yuan (£5,240) after allowing an opponent to score while he sipped on a bottle of water
A "caring and loving" teenage boy who "lit up the life" of everyone he met has died in hospital after taking what he thought was ecstasy.