The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
Downton Abbey actress Joanne Froggatt is to star in a new ITV drama exploring the devastating cost of deceit.
It's been 12 years in the making but the spacecraft Rosetta's mission has finally come to an end. Here is what you need to know about it.
The boss of DreamWorks has hinted that a fifth Shrek movie is in the pipeline saying there is "more to come" from the franchise.