The seven measures called for are:
- Reduce added sugars by 40% by 2020 by reformulating food
- Cease all forms of targeted marketing of ultra-processed, unhealthy foods and drinks to children
- Disassociate physical activity with obesity via banning junk food sports sponsorships
- Limit the availability of ultra-processed foods and sweetened soft drinks as well as reducing portion size
- Incentivise healthier food and discourage drinking of soft drinks by introducing a sugar tax
- Remove responsibility for nutrition from the Department of Health and return it back to an independent agency
- Reduce fat in ultra-processed foods, particularly saturated fat - 15% reduction by 2020
More top news
Murder charges against an Irish nanny, who spent more than two years in prison accused of killing a baby in the USA, have been dropped.
Charities face probe after claims they may have been involved in buying and selling widower's details.
The island of Kivalina in Alaska is quickly disappearing into the ocean, watched by its 400 residents, due to climate change.