More than 80% homes in England are too expensive for a typical working family trying to get on the property ladder, a report has found.
Housing charity Shelter, which analysed more than 325,000 properties with at least two bedrooms for sale across England, found that just 17.9% of them were within the financial reach of a household with children on an average local wage, leaving the remaining 82.1% beyond their means.
Just 86 properties were found to be affordable to local families in the whole of London, compared with 16,134 in the North West.
More top news
YouTube superstar Alfie Deyes got a sense of how far he has come when thousands of fans descended on his latest book signing in London.
The last blog from woman about her final days after she was diagnosed with cancer - and the things she valued in life - has gone viral.
Ed Miliband would rather discuss working families and the NHS, but the question of English 'home rule' looms large over Labour's conference.