A three-year-old boy died from a treatable condition due to a string of errors by NHS workers, a review has found.
Sam Morrish died after four separate health service organisations made repeated mistakes in his care, the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) said.
Sam died of severe sepsis in December 2010 following a "catalogue of errors" by the Cricketfield GP Surgery, by NHS Direct, by the out-of-hours service Devon Doctors Ltd and by the South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Failures included inadequate assessment of the toddler, not recognising that he was vomiting blood and a three-hour delay before he received antibiotics at hospital.
Dr Graham Lockerbie, speaking on behalf of the local NHS, said it is "determined to ensure that the lessons really have been learnt" following the findings.
More top news
Tom Bradby will play host to the leaders of the three main parties, as well as the biggest names from the worlds of arts and culture.
One of the greatest sporting events on earth gets underway this week as the Ryder Cup heads to Scotland, here's everything you need to know
A toddler was in need of an unusual rescue after she got a kettle stuck on her head while playing at home in Chile.