Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
Rain spreads further east through the day.
Renting vehicles is set to be made harder as hiring details offer a new lead in the hunt for the fugitive Barcelona attacks suspect.
Pubs and attractions in Cromer shut early last night after police warned of an outbreak of 'low level disorder'