Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
The helicopter, which the royal was not in at the time, avoided a potentially deadly mid-air crash.
The shots on a bus sparked a major security scare as weekend tourists in some of the world's most famous casinos were told to bunker down.
The Ukip leader confirmed he had "no prior warning" of Douglas Carswell's resignation from the party as he hit out at the "staunch Tory".