Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
As the winds strengthen and stronger gusts whip the coasts and hills it will feel cool for the time of year.
Nigel Farage faced a range of political views and concerns today on his walkabout in Margate.
Naming the royal baby Charlotte Elizabeth Diana will be seen as a tribute to the Duke of Cambridge's father, mother and grandfather.