Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
A great-great-great-grandmother has become an unlikely star at the age of 93 after her grandson shared a video of her dancing to rap music.
Here's everything you need to know about the Libyan crisis and the announcement of a new national unity government.
Russia will pay the price for launching air strikes to prop up the Assad regime, the US defence secretary has warned.