Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
Police have held two men over the death of Inga Maria Hauser in Northern Ireland, 30 years after the murder.
Every train run by the UK’s busiest franchise, Govia Thameslink Railway was rescheduled from Sunday.
Hours after the former actress had exchanged vows with Prince Harry, the royal site had been updated to reflect its newest member.