Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
Sean Penn has been battling a Netflix documentary over suggestions he aided the capture of Mexican kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.
The PM's performance in Brussels sends a strong signal she has been taken hostage by the Brexiteering true believers in her party.
Mobile phone providers are charging loyal customers up to £38 a month more than they should after the cost of a handset has been paid off.