Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
Police proposals suggest that all frontline police officers should have the option of arming themselves with Tasers.
Snow showers and sleet expected to affect parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland, with snow extending further south.
A court has ruled that the original coffin in which Lee Harvey Oswald was buried belongs to his brother, not the undertaker's that sold it.