Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
A frosty start to Sunday for many with slow-clearing mist and fog in the southeast.
Diane Abbott said Labour's position is to have 'less bureaucracy' in order to allow easy movement for EU migrants.
Two police officers were left in a critical condition after they were struck by a car as they were making their way back to their vehicle.