Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
More than 80 prominent Britons, including Boris Johnson, Russell Brand and former Government ministers, urge Obama to release Aamer.
Thundery overnight with a Met Office warning for rain in place for a large swathe of the country. Quite sunny throughout tomorrow.
Video shot in Islamic State capital Raqq purportedly shows at least two of three missing London schoolgirls.