Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
A couple have taken a step closer to bringing a child born in India via surrogacy to their home in the UK.
The Yellow Cloud electric guitar that Prince played in numerous concerts has sold for more than £100,000 at auction.
An athlete had his eye pierced with a javelin after running and tripping onto the spear during a competition.