Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
The world's last male northern white rhino has died in Kenya after "age-related complications", researchers have announced.
On Monday afternoon, numerous Facebook posts claimed a silver Mini had been stolen from the town with a girl in it.
Top temperatures 10 Celsius (50F).