Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
Migrants trying to get to Britain made a mass attempt to break into entrance to the Channel Tunnel near Calais in France late Saturday.
As the story of Downton Abbey begins to wind down its executive producer has offered hope that a follow-up film is at least a possibility.
A Church of England bishop has criticised the PM for his controversial description of migrants seeking to come to the UK as a "swarm".