Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
The author said "It's been wonderful" as fans mark two decades since the children's books opened up a world of magic to millions.
There was something very striking about the pact, which implies the new agreement could remain in place even if the prime minister does not.
The royal will visit the site of the deadly attack at Manchester Arena as he remembers those killed and injured.