Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
A man has been arrested over an offensive Hillsborough shirt
Early low cloud will gradually retreat to North Sea coasts to leave many with a fine day, particularly in the west.
An elephant calf had to be rescued in Sri Lanka after becoming trapped in a drain.