Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
Nearly £2,000 on beeswax candles and many thousands of pounds on lunches with foreign dignitaries: the Commons Speakers' expenses laid out.
Kenya's world class athletes have told ITV News of their mixed hopes on the country's ability to save the nation's reputation before Rio.
A man who disappeared more than 30 years ago has solved his own missing persons case - after remembering who he is.