Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
Events company Secret Cinema is planning to screen a film in protest at what they have called the 'censorship' of The Interview.
Sepp Blatter's £19 million attempt to immortalise Fifa on screen could do with a sequel. How about The Untouchables or The Usual Suspects?
Some of the children at the Royal Free Hospital in London were less than impressed with their visit from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.