Too much alcohol is the number one reason why employees call in sick, with one third claiming to be ill when really they are hungover, an international accountancy firm found.
According to PwC, people also called in sick because:
- Some 26% were bunking work to go a job interview.
- Another 8% were really watching a sport event - this rose to 13% for men.
- A further 11% took time off work to enjoy good weather.
- Some employees use very creative lies, including: I was attacked by ants.
- One male employee who told his boss he had started the menopause.
More top news
All weekend it felt as though the new administration had a self-destruct button and was desperately searching for it.
Areas of dense freezing fog could mean possible delays to air travel until 10.30am, according to forecasts.
Survey shows support for compulsory sex and relationship education classes as students struggle to deal with online sexual harassment.