The Taliban has claimed responsibility for an attack eastern Afghanistan today that killed four Nato servicemen, 10 Afghan civilians and two Afghan policemen.
An initial statement from local police said that at least six soldiers had been killed but this was later revised down to four by the International Security Assistance Force.
Ziaul Rahman Sayedkhili, a senior police officer in the eastern province of Parwan where the attack took place, said that a suicide bomber on a bicycle struck while the Nato servicemen were investigating a recent rocket attack on the US military base in the province.
More top news
The mother of one of the Manchester attack victims has told of the distressing moment she found her daughter being treated after the attack.
Marjorie and Michael Cawdery, both 83, are understood to have been stabbed to death in a killing their family called "incomprehensible".
Detectives have launched a murder investigation following the shooting in Brent, north west London on Friday night.