At least 27 people have died after fresh Israeli attacks against Gaza overnight and yesterday. Footage from Gaza shows residents fleeing after Israeli airstrikes hit an apartment block, and Hamas militants continued to fire rockets into Israel.
- Israel said last night 45 rockets were launched by Hamas militants
- The army said they launched 160 airstrikes on Gaza:
- 118 concealed rocket launching sites
- 10 tunnels
- 6 Hamas official facilities
- 10 terror command positions
- According to Palestinian hospital officials, 27 people were killed in the strikes:
- 18 civilians have died
- 5 children are among the dead
- 150 people have been injured
It's been an emotionally exhausting day in Israel and Gaza as hopes for peace were raised then dashed then raised then dashed again.
In the court of international opinion, this is how Israel wins a battle and still manages to lose the war.
Until the Israelis and the Palestinians find a way of resolving the underlining conflict this will not be more than a pause.