Hamas militants fired more rockets into Israel this morning, as the Israeli army hit homes inside Gaza with airstrikes on the forth day of violence.
- Gaza militants have fired more than 550 rockets against Israel
- Israel's "Iron Dome" defence system has intercepted most of them, but some have landed
- One rocket landed near a petrol station in Ashdod, setting off a large blaze and Israeli media said one person was seriously wounded
- In Gaza, the Israeli military said they have launched 1,100 airstrikes, on what it says are rocket-launching sites
- This morning it hit the home of a Islamic Jihad leader, killing five people
- Gaza health officials said the today's strike brings the death toll to 90, including dozens of civilians
It's been an emotionally exhausting day in Israel and Gaza as hopes for peace were raised then dashed then raised then dashed again.
In the court of international opinion, this is how Israel wins a battle and still manages to lose the war.
Until the Israelis and the Palestinians find a way of resolving the underlining conflict this will not be more than a pause.