Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Sheriff's deputies were called to the scene in LA County after residents reported hearing muffled crying.
Further one in eight expect to be aged between 71 and 80 years when they finally stop work, according to survey.
The team behind an irreverent US card game made more than $71,000 by giving people the chance to pay $5 without getting anything in return.