Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Donald Trump said on Saturday that conversations about a potential summit were ‘going along very well’.
Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has suggested the FIA have thrown his team 'under the bus' after deciding not to penalise Ferrari.
The Team Sky cyclist took the lead in the past few days and confirmed his place as the first British winner of the Giro d'Italia