Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Declan Donnelly will host the show alone when the show returns on March 31 following his partner Ant McPartlin's return to rehab, ITV says.
Police say they are reviewing 'malicious comments' on social media following the news of the death of two-year-old Kiara Moore.
In light of the Facebook data sharing scandal, ITV News asks what information apps hold and how to stop them sharing your details.