Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
"It was an unbelievable moment to finally meet Sue in person and give her a big hug - she's my hero."
A Chinese teenager has been found hiding in the cargo hold of an Emirates passenger plane flying from Shanghai to Dubai.
Indian company Tata Steel have announced that they have completed the sale of their European business - to Greybull Capital.