Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Tony Blair is to take on a new role tackling anti-Semitism after stepping down as Middle East envoy.
Dramatic footage has captured the moment a police officer pulled a man from a burning car.
Long Lost Family once again moved Twitter to tears tonight after it reunited a couple with the son they put up for adoption 52 years ago.