Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Team Sky's Chris Froome is set to win the 2016 Tour de France with an overall lead of four minutes 11 seconds after stage 20 to Morzine
The attempted kidnap of an RAF serviceman took place near RAF Marham, in Norfolk, on Wednesday.
Footballer Marc Crosas faces an investigation after pictures emerged of him appearing to have speared an endangered baby shark