Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Fans can finally have their first look at Jared Leto's incarnation of the classic villain in 2016's Suicide Squad
Labour is promising to reverse the Conservative policy of privatisation in the NHS which it claims is creating longer waiting times.
The Queen and senior members of the monarchy will attend services around the world to commemorate the centenary of the battle of Gallipoli.