Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
The 'Let Our Kids Be Kids' campaign wants parents to keep their children off school saying they are "over-tested and over-worked".
Nicky Morgan is expected to defend the proposal when she faces questions at the National Association of Head Teachers' annual conference.
Phone charges in the European Union will drop by about 75 per cent from today as part of an interim cap ahead of a full ban next year.