Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
After Roy Hodgson's resignation following England's humiliating exit from Euro 2016, who are the leading contenders to replace him?
The beleaguered Labour Party leader is clinging onto power in the face of as many as 150 MPs voting to remove him from the top job today.
Mr Osborne said he is "not the person to provide the unity my party needs".