Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Prime minister Theresa May has appointed a minister for loneliness, an idea recommended by murdered MP Jo Cox.
The senior coroner for Cumbria concluded in a third court judgment the toddler was sexually assaulted in her father's bed before her death.
Hundreds of drivers have been trapped for hours on the M74 motorway overnight after heavy snow showers hit Scotland.