Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Astronaut who became an internet sensation after posting a video of himself performing a David Bowie classic in space releases album.
Ancient African DNA sequenced for the first time has revealed a huge wave of migration from Eurasia 3,000 years ago.
Pauline Cafferkey, who contracted Ebola whilst working in West Africa last year, has been flown to the Royal Free Hospital in London.