Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Tony Iommi has appealed to metal-loving Indonesian President Joko Widodo to spare the lives of two Australians on death row.
Madame Tussauds has released the first images of the early work in progress of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia's wax figures
New research reveals 30% of Northern Ireland's population experiences poor mental health - half of which is related to the 30-year conflict.