Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
The 65,000-tonne aircraft carrier is the largest and most powerful ship ever to be built for the Royal Navy.
The Blues eye-up deals for Sandro, Lukaku, Van Dijk and Bakayoko as Conte looks to spend big ahead of the new campaign
The 14-year-old was left dangling about 25ft off the ground as her little brother cried hysterically saying he couldn't hold on to her.