Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Auschwitz survivor Alina Dabrowska was a victim of the cruel experiments of Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, known as "the Angel of Death."
Here are just some of the faces and stories of Auschwitz survivors 70 years on from the concentration camp's liberation.
Labour is promising to increase nurse training places if they win the General Election, to cut costs and boost supply.