Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
Higher food and petrol prices are expected to send inflation to its highest level in 28 months when official figures are released later.
The Prime Minister will detail her 12-point plan on negotiating Britain's exit from the European Union during a speech on Tuesday.
Police investigating the disappearance of Victoria Cherry, who was last seen in October 2015, have found a body.