Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
A low pressure system in the near Atlantic will bring a text book swirl of cloud - with blustery downpours as winds whip up tonight.
Jeremy Corbyn addressed supporters from the top of a fire engine after a rally spilled out into the street because so many people turned up.
In March 1992, Cilla Black became an ITV News reporter for National Trading Places Day to raise money for charity.