Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
What conditions can the Olympic and Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius expect in the Kgosi Mampuru II prison?
Medecins Sans Frontiers have treated more than 4,500 patients with suspected Ebola. Today they are celebrating their 1000th survivor.
A plasterer who murdered his twin brother in a drunken fight on New Year's Eve has been given a life sentence.