Parents living in the south east of England can expect to hand over the most cash for childcare, a report has found.
According to the Family and Childcare Trust and Netmums:
- The weekly cost in the south east is £140.88 on average.
- Families in the North West have the lowest average weekly holiday childcare costs at £103.38.
- In Wales holiday childcare costs £109.66 on average, and in Scotland it is £104.28.
- A survey of parents conducted by parenting website Netmums and the Trust found that around 17% said that they had to take days off work sick last year to cover childcare.
- This represents almost a million working days lost, the Trust said, which it claims costs the economy almost £100 million each year.
More top news
The astonishing numbers behind the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami, which left 227,000 dead across 14 countries.
Bargain hunters will be out in force today. Find out which shops have the best offers.
The new scheme also aims to help prevent the growth of diabetes, of which there are three million sufferers in the UK.