One child has been killed in Gaza every hour for the past two days, the United Nations said in their latest report into the civilian casualties of the ongoing conflict.
- The conflict has so far claimed the lives of 599 Palestinians, including 443 civilians, 147 are children, 74 are women
- 28 Israelis have been killed, including two civilians and 26 soldiers
- 3,504 Palestinians have been injured, of whom 1,100 are children and 1,153 are women
- 117,000 displaced people are taking shelter in UN schools
- 44% of Gaza across a three kilometre wide strip has been declared as a "buffer zone" by the Israeli military
The United Nations has called for an immediate ceasefire and return to dialogue between Israel and Palestinian authorities.
In between the bandages, I could see the soreness of Randa’s skin. Her eyes stare out at a world which has been brutal to her.
An Israeli student has started an online campaign in an attempt to encourage respect between Jews and Arabs.
A BBC Arabic reporter was set upon by an angry Israeli bystander in the middle of a live broadcast on the situation in Gaza.