- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
Congress has voted overwhelmingly to impose new sanctions against Russia - and curb Donald Trump's ability to waive the penalties.
People were forced to take shelter overnight on the beach near St Tropez as firefighters battled raging forest fires.
A band of wet and rather windy weather will move east across the British Isles, giving some heavy bursts of rain in the north.