- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
A daughter kissed her "dead" mother goodbye - only to find out that the hospital had made a mistake and her mother was still alive.
A nurse trying to identify a badly wounded hit-and-run victim suffered heartbreak when she discovered it was her own brother.
So-called Islamic State has blown up yet another monument in the ancient city of Palmyra, activists say.