- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
Highways England are looking to put a stop to lazy drivers who don't bother to bin their rubbish.
Boris Johnson will not resign as Foreign Secretary, he insists - despite the fallout surrounding his Brexit intervention.
Liberal Democrats leader Sir Vince Cable says the party cannot succeed by being a "reverse Ukip".