- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
Time magazine has disputed Donald Trump's account of how he rejected a request for an interview for its "Person of the Year" issue.
The Police Federation chairman said officers were often "letting someone off with a warning and hoping for the best".
A total of 21 are also injured by a blaze which ripped through the upmarket 22-storey hotel on the Black Sea coast.