- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
A man accused of stabbing his father to death during a row over food has been arrested by police.
The UK's biggest ambulance service is to become the first in the country to be placed in special measures.
Footage of an armed burglar crawling on the floor of a couple's bedroom while they slept just feet away has been released by police.