- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
Sunshine with blustery showers and longer downpours
The landowner at the site of excavation to find Ben Needham has said he is considering withdrawing permission to continue with the dig.
Downton Abbey actress Joanne Froggatt is to star in a new ITV drama exploring the devastating cost of deceit.