- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
Donald Trump has wasted no time making his mark on international matters as well as domestic. So how will his presidency affect the world?
Another cold, frosty and foggy night for many. Northern and western areas will see thickening cloud, patchy rain and milder temperatures.
Temperatures have already plunged to -12C in some parts of the UK this winter - but Thursday could be the coldest day yet.