- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
The PM was threatened with a fresh challenge from pro-Europe Conservative backbenchers after a marathon Brexit 'war cabinet' at Chequers.
Three others died on the day of a sightseeing helicopter accident at the Grand Canyon.
The former Manchester United striker told has told ITV News he is campaigning to change the law to an opt-out system.