- House prices were unchanged month-on-month in London, Wales and the North East, while they increased by 0.1% in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- They increased by 0.2% in the East, West Midlands and the North West.
- And by 0.3% in the South East and the South West.
- East Anglia recorded the strongest month-on-month uplift in property values at 0.5%.
- Across England and Wales, around one quarter (24%) of postcode districts saw prices increase over the month, falling back strongly from the spring, when around 50% of postcodes were recording price gains.
- Around 1.5% of postcodes across the country saw prices fall month-on-month in July.
More top news
David Cameron wants to clear out international corruption, but is sweeping his own backyard first.
Persistent rain will affect much of Northern Ireland, Southern Scotland and Northern England for much of the day.
The 74-year-old Prisoner Cell Block H actress will face court next month charged with the indecent assault of a 13-year-girl in the 1980s.