According to the International Labour Organisation (ILO) 20.9 million men, women and children around the world are in slavery.
The most common forms of slavery according to the ILO are:
- Child Slavery affects an estimated 5.5 million children around the world.
- Early and forced marriage predominately affects women and girls who are married without choice, forced into lives of servitude often accompanied by physical violence and have no realistic choice of leaving the marriage.
- Forced labour affects people who are illegally recruited by individuals, businesses or governments and forced to work - usually under the threat of violence or other penalties.
- Descent-based slavery involves people who are either born into a 'slave' class or are from a 'group' that society views can be used for slave labour.
- Trafficking involves the transport of any person from one area to another for the purpose of forcing them into slavery conditions.
More top news
ITV News correspondent Duncan Golestani pays tribute to a fearless young Kurdish journalist he trained in Iraq.
ATM machines were affected, while people also reported problems using cards in shops.
Representative Darrell Issa, who is from California, has said there should be a special prosecutor investigating Russian hacking and Trump.