- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
The former girl scout became lost on a road trip on the outskirt of the Grand Canyon with no map or phone signal.
Detectives are exploring the movements and criminal past of the middle-aged murderer of many aliases who wrought carnage in central London.
Disney boss Bob Iger said Carrie Fisher appears "throughout" Star Wars Episode 8 Jedi and nothing would be changed using special effects.