- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
The Oscar-winning actress has faced a backlash after telling a story about itching her "butt" on sacred Hawaiian rocks.
Samsung will release an update for their Galaxy Note 7 smartphones that will prevent them from charging and functioning as mobile phones.
Colombia's President Juan Manuel Santos has accepted the Nobel Peace Prize at a ceremony in Stockholm.