- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
A court has ruled that the original coffin in which Lee Harvey Oswald was buried belongs to his brother, not the undertaker's that sold it.
Manic Street Preachers lyricist went missing nearly 20 years ago but mystery still surrounds exactly what happened to him.
Deputy Prime Minister admitted he wanted to hit David Cameron on more than 20 occasions on late-night chat show 'The Last Leg'.