- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
ITV News spoke to Nick Channing-Williams who described the freezing conditions on board the car ferry that caught fire earlier today.
A widespread frost will affect the UK due to plummeting temperatures along with a lingering fog in several areas.
Members of the Queen's Guard have been assigned the protection of armed police, amid reports they could be targeted by terrorists.