- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
An 18-year-old Moroccan is in custody after two people were killed in a mass stabbing in Turku believed to have been a terror attack.
Jeremy Hunt has rejected Professor Stephen Hawking's claim that he "abused" scientific research to justify the creation of a seven-day NHS.
Showers in the north, perhaps turning heavy at times but becoming drier in the south towards the afternoon.