- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
Comcast said its cash offer is worth £12.50 a share – a 16% hike on the £10.75 a share offered by 21st Century Fox.
The Duke of Cambridge said the new prince was "behaving himself" and sleep was "going reasonably well so far".
The challenge came as Theresa May vowed no stone would be left unturned in putting right the status of the Windrush generation.