- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
All weekend it felt as though the new administration had a self-destruct button and was desperately searching for it.
Areas of dense freezing fog could mean possible delays to air travel until 10.30am, according to forecasts.
Survey shows support for compulsory sex and relationship education classes as students struggle to deal with online sexual harassment.