- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
The government is treating the fight against obesity as a priority, as a new report cautions that one in five cancer deaths is caused by it.
Police have launched an urgent appeal after a prisoner convicted for a violent robbery escaped from HMP Dovegate in Staffordshire.
A brewery in the US stopped beer production and started canning emergency drinking water for flood victims in Texas and Oklahoma.