- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
Britain's youngest MP in 350 years said that the Commons still has a 'boys club atmosphere' which is 'alive and well'.
The National Lottery is upping the number of balls from 49 to 59, a move statisticians point out will make hitting the jackpot harder.
The Tory peer and former Marks & Spencer chief has been named as chairman of the 'In Campaign'.