- Carriers using Swissport at Gatwick (and all major UK airports) include British Airways, Virgin, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson.
- Swissport isIt is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes. owned by a French private equity firm, and serves 27 airlines at Gatwick (there are two other baggage handling firms a the airport).
- It is supposed to deliver bags from each flight within 55 minutes.
- It's reported that Monarch Airlines is ditching Swissport and Virgin is in discussions to ensure an improved performance.
- The company claims last weekend's problems were caused by a level of off schedule activity - or planes arriving or taking off earlier or later than planned.
More top news
The shortest man ever to have been measured has died aged 75, Guinness World Records has announced.
Britons have stepped forward to offer help to refugees after a photo of a drowned three-year-old boy prompted an outpouring of support.
A One Direction fan said she was delighted after Harry Styles grabbed her posted during a concert and corrected her grammar.