Baggage handling company Swissport has denied claims zero-hours contracts were to blame for the disruption at Gatwick Airport last weekend.
Staff shortages at the company forced hundreds of passengers to go home without their luggage and left others waiting for up to five hours to reclaim their bags at the airport on July 27.
The firm told ITV News' Chris Choi the "suggestion that issues may have been caused by zero hour contracts is untrue".
Despite warnings that passengers could face yet more problems this weekend, Swissport said all services this morning were meeting targets.
"Baggage services to client airlines to 7am this morning was good and within its targets. There were no appreciable delays," the company said.
More top news
A highly toxic chemical was used in the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un's half brother last week, tests have shown.
A new survey has highlighted the disconnect between people's views on the GB Olympic team and funding for grassroots sport.
National Crime Agency officers have arrested a British man in connection with bribery offences linked to international cricket spot-fixing.