A daily dose of aspirin could cut bowel cancer deaths by 40%, according to new research.
Scientists at Queen Mary's Centre for Cancer Prevention also found:
- Bowel cancer rates could be cut by 35% and deaths by 40%.
- Rates of stomach cancer could be reduced by 30% and deaths by 35%.
- Oesophageal cancer rates could be cut by 30% and deaths by 50%.
- Rates of lung and prostate could fall by 5% and 10% and deaths from both by 15%.
- Breast cancer rates could reduce by 10% and mortality by 5%.
More top news
Taylor Swift has been dismissed as a potential juror in an aggravated rape case as the judge thought she couldn't be impartial.
With his unkempt hair and big eyes, Wilder was a master at making roles his own.
There were at least 401 arrests at Notting Hill Carnival over the two days of celebration.