Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Home Secretary Theresa May and French counterpart Bernard Cazeneuve call on EU nations to tackle the root causes of the migrant crisis.
Downing Street is likely to confirm that the UK will fund extra security guards at the Eurotunnel perimeter.
Very warm in the southeast tomorrow