Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Zaine Grieve fell ill in Aberdeenshire at the weekend.
Ministers have said the European Arrest Warrant had helped apprehend thousands.
The PinkNews reception at the seat of Northern Ireland’s suspended devolved parliament at Stormont will be held on June 28.