Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
A teenager who grew an incredible 10cm overnight after an operation to correct a curve in her spine has been given the all clear by doctors.
Severe weather warnings have been issued for northern England and Scotland, where it could drop to minus 10C (14F) in some places.
Expect it to feel colder with a biting, bitter windchill, this Valentine's Day.