Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Scientists claim bubbling magma is behind the 'man in the moon' image rather than an asteroid strike
Our Political Editor Tom Bradby has been tackling readers' questions about David Cameron's conference speech.
Author Stephen Fry has said he regrets his 'pathetic' 15-year addiction to cocaine after writing about it in his new autobiography.