Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
The Tonight programme looks at government efforts to improve our general wellbeing, and offers tips on how we can all boost our happiness.
While writing The Great Fire, I was interested to find striking parallels between Britain in 1666 and modern-day equivalents.
Tory Chief Whip Michael Gove has taken time out from his schedule to claim second place in Westminster's Dog of the Year competition.