Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Stars appeared in black as they called for an end to harrassment at the UK's film awards night.
The family of Alfie Dingley, 6, have been refused permission to legally use the drug to help control his seizures.
Part of the message read: “I don’t give a s**t if the whole street collapses”.