Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Prince William and Kate have announced they are to become 'full-time' Royals as they move their family back to London from Norfolk.
Jobs for Americans, a strengthened military, new trade deals and support for police will shape Donald Trump's four years in government.
Donald Trump pledged to put "America first" as he addressed the nation after being sworn in as the 45th president of the United States.