Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
The French president has delivered posthumous awards in a national ceremony in Paris as the slain officer's partner appealed for peace.
One mother said she had travelled for hours to celebrate her daughter's 16th birthday, only to miss the gig completely.
The family of a former Royal Navy officer who was killed as thieves stole his car pay tribute to the 'wonderful husband, son, and brother'.