Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Authorities have warned that the death toll is likely to rise as much of the building is yet to be searched.
The PM will sound out the possibility of new free trade agreements with Gulf states for once the UK has left the EU.
In the unexpected announcement on Monday, Mr Key said it was the "right time" to leave politics.