Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Madonna says she still cannot bring herself to watch footage of the moment she fell on stage while performing at the Brit Awards.
Ed Miliband has pledged to give zero-hours workers the right to convert their contract into a regular job after three months.
More than 100 leaders have declared their support for a Conservative-led government, warning a Labour would "put the recovery at risk".