Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
The mother of missing RAF gunner Corrie McKeague is in the Suffolk town of Bury St Edmunds to retrace her son's last known steps
Wet across western Scotland & N.Ireland. Rain clears eastwards overnight.
Brexit Secretary David Davis has denied claims Theresa May's key speech on Britain's exit from the EU was influenced by Boris Johnson.