Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
A man and a woman stabbed to death in Cardiff city centre were Matalan employees it has been confirmed.
Police believe a tree currently growing near the farmhouse where the 21-month-old toddler was last seen in 1991 was not there at the time.
The 21-year-old was using a portable toilet in Sydney when he was bitten near to the same area as in a previous incident in April.