Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Fans around the globe have been celebrating Pac-Man's 35th anniversary by paying homage to the smiley faced character.
Sir Ian McKellen has revealed he was in "two minds" about accepting his knighthood as he thinks the honour system is unfair.
Harlem Globetrotters legend Haynes has been hailed as "a pioneer" who helped "set the tone for modern basketball", following his death.