Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Slightly cooler temperatures will replace the recent muggy weather while some areas will see heavy rain.
Andre Greipel won the final stage of the 2016 Tour de France as Chris Froome crossed the line arm-in-arm with his Team Sky team-mates
An attacker armed with a machete killed a woman and wounded two others in the southern German city of Reutlingen.