Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Low pressure keeps our weather unsettled into the weekend
A Royal Marine from Northern Ireland who built explosives for an Irish republican paramilitary group had 43 hides, a court has heard.
A gay man has spoken of pain he suffered as a young boy when doctors gave him chemicals and electric shocks in attempt to 'cure' him.