Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Today marks the fifth anniversary of the royal wedding. Here we look at the highlights, in pictures.
A US citizen has been sentenced in North Korea to 10 years hard labour after being found guilty of spying.
Mohammed Moshin Ameen sent a stream of tweets glorifying Islamic State after his attempts to go to Syria were thwarted.