Key findings of a 92-page report into Glen Parva young offenders' institution include:
- A 32% increase in prisoners being assessed as at risk of self-harm and suicide in 2013
- Direct links between bullying and and levels of self-harm
- Assaults on prisoners had increased from 121 in 2012 to 157 in 2013
- Violence towards staff had risen from 35 to 43
- Use of force considered "too high" with 379 incidents in six months to the end of March
More top news
Rap mogul Marion 'Suge' Knight has been arrested on murder charges after a fatal hit-and-run incident in Los Angeles.
The Canadian used only ice hooks to scale the frozen cliffs, and says the walls were "unstable" and "unpredictable".
Thousands of Virgin Media customers will lose their email address and emails after part of the broadband company was sold to TalkTalk.