Deaths linked to ‘legal highs’ could overtake those linked to heroin by 2016, according to a new report outlining Britain's addiction problem.
The report by the Centre for Social Justice found:
- 1.6 million English adults dependent on alcohol
- Almost 50,000 heroin addicts have been ‘parked’ on state-supplied methadone for more than four years
- UK’s youth ‘legal high’ use is the highest in Europe
- New powers to punish high street shops selling dangerous 'legal highs'
- Addicts who continually refuse treatment could have benefits reduced
More top news
The cyclist said the victory was as sweet as his first win as he became the first Briton to win the race three times.
Local police confirmed the explosion, which occurred near Nuremberg.
Temperatures slide a couple of degrees