A military spokesman has said 17 bodies have so far been recovered from the refugee convoy hit by a shell yesterday in Ukraine, "burning them alive".
The spokesman, Andriy Lysenko, said six people are currently being treated for injuries, three of which are seriously hurt, and the rescue operation is ongoing.
Ukrainian government forces have blamed the attack on pro-Russian separatists whom they are battling in the area. The rebels deny responsibility.
More top news
A manhunt is being undertaken after two men were shot - one fatally - at a residential site on Thursday evening.
Residents of Fort McMurray were restricted to salvaging only their clothes and pets as they were evacuated.
Warm sunshine to end the working week