Better Together must withdraw its "ludicrous claim" that Pakistan is richer than Scotland, Scottish Finance Secretary John Swinney has demanded.
A No campaign document entitled The Facts You Need states that an independent Scotland would be the 45th richest country in the world, behind Pakistan and Finland, compared with the UK which is sixth.
Mr Swinney said Westminster politicians "are deliberately talking down the Scottish economy".
He called on the No campaign "to withdraw its ludicrous claim that Pakistan is richer than Scotland", and put forward "10 key strengths" of the Scottish economy over and above North Sea oil.
- £13 billion food and drink sector
- £6 billion tourism industry
- 20% of Europe's fish
- £15 billion in manufacturing
- £1.9 billion life sciences sector
- £5 billion in creative industries
- the most top universities per head in the world
- a £3.6 billion ICT sector
- inward investment at a 16 year high.
With just a few weeks to go until the Scottish independence referendum takes place, here are some key facts about the vote.
An investigation has been launched after listings appeared on eBay offering to sell votes in the upcoming Scottish independence referendum.
Bounce for leaving the union following second debate this week, but only 43% expected to vote yes in referendum on September 18