The final report into the horsemeat scandal has made a number of recommendations to "improve the integrity and assurance of food supply networks".
- Put the consumers first by ensuring that their needs in relation to food safety and food crime prevention are the top priority
- Create a robust, effective Food Crime Unit to protect the food industry and consumers from criminal activity
- Zero tolerance approach to food fraud by improving intelligence gathering
- Introduce unannounced audit checks by the food industry
- Support the development of whistleblowing and reporting of food crime
- Improve lab testing capacity and capability to ensure a standardised approach for food testing
- Encourage the food industry to question the source of their supply chain
More top news
ITV News took to a gun range in Maryland to find out if those that voted to “Make America Great Again” still think they voted correctly.
Initial indications were that the test on Friday was unsuccessful, according the a US government source who spoke to Reuters.
Southerly winds will bring warmer temperatures this weekend. Rain arriving on Sunday.