The final report into the horsemeat scandal has made a number of recommendations to "improve the integrity and assurance of food supply networks".
- Put the consumers first by ensuring that their needs in relation to food safety and food crime prevention are the top priority
- Create a robust, effective Food Crime Unit to protect the food industry and consumers from criminal activity
- Zero tolerance approach to food fraud by improving intelligence gathering
- Introduce unannounced audit checks by the food industry
- Support the development of whistleblowing and reporting of food crime
- Improve lab testing capacity and capability to ensure a standardised approach for food testing
- Encourage the food industry to question the source of their supply chain
More top news
Fifa is facing a battle to keep World Cup sponsorship deals after several senior officials were arrested on suspicion of corruption.
EastEnders bosses have promised to send Jake Wood's character "out with a bang".
Bono said the death of Dennis Sheehan, who had been the band's manager for more than 30 years, was like "losing a family member".