Appliance manufacturer Beko says its staff acted appropriately at all times after an inquest ruled one of its faulty fridge-freezers had caused a fire that killed a father of two.
In a statement following the ruling, Beko said it had extended condolences to the family of Santosh Benjamin Muthiah and insisted it has sent out thousands of letters, made house calls and placed adverts to try to trace products containing the same faults.
This incident involved a model of frost-free fridge-freezer that has not been in production since 2006. None of our current range of appliances are affected by the issues in this case.
The company said it is "still working to located any affected older appliances that may be in use".
Anyone with concerns about a Beko fridge freezer can call the company on 0800 917 2018 or see the advice on this Beko website.
More top news
The Countdown supermarket in New Zealand said it has taken a brand of Australian strawberries off its shelves after the dangerous discovery.
Sacha Dedman, 43, was last seen at the her home in Plumstead, south-east London, on Saturday.
The politicians avenged a heavy defeat in Brighton last year.