During the month of June, all four Welsh Police forces started their Summer Anti Drink and Drug Drive Campaign.
This year the forces stepped up the pressure to deter people from driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
In June alone, almost 20,000 drivers were breath tested.
The following figures have been released, showing the percentage of people who tested positive, refused, or failed to provide samples:
- Dyfed Powys Police - 3.5 percent of 2273 tested.
- Gwent Police - 1.5 percent of 3261 tested.
- South Wales Police - 4 percent of 3226 tested.
- North Wales Police - 1 percent of 10,517 tested.
- All Wales - 1.9 percent of 19,277 tested.