A new report says the number of people struggling to pay their energy bills in Wales has almost doubled in the last year.
Research by Consumer Future found that last year 1 in 8 families struggled to pay their bills. This year it's 1 in 5.
With many of us keen to cut our energy bills, we've put together a list of tips to help:
- Turn off lights in rooms you're not using. Leaving TVs and other appliances on their standby mode can waste electricity too.
- Turn your thermostat down - just one degree lower can make a difference.
- Use draught excluders on your doors, windows and fireplace.
- Try not to overfill the kettle - just boil the amount of water you need.
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
- Turn the pressure down on your shower, or get an eco shower head to save water.
- Make sure your radiators or heaters aren't blocked by furniture or covered by curtains - if they are, you aren't getting the most out of them
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones.
- Wash your clothes at 30 degrees
- In windy weather try to air dry your laundry when you can instead of using the tumble dryer.
If you want to find out more, you can get access to information and advice on the following websites: