The Wales Green Party has launched its 2015 General Election manifesto with a rejection of other parties growth objective and a commitment to what it calls a 'One Planet Economy'.
The Greens' priority they say would be to address the challenge of climate change and unacceptable growing levels of inequality.
Key policies announced at the launch were:
- to increase investment in renewable energy and energy efficiency creating thousands of clean, green jobs.
- to make the minimum wage a living wage.
- to change taxation by instigating a Robin Hood tax on financial transactions.
- to split investment (casino) banking from high street banking.
- to work towards introducing a Citizens Income for all, to reward work rather than wealth.
Wales Green Party candidates are standing in 35 out of 40 constituencies in Wales.
Watch the report from Mike Griffiths below: