The Welsh Government will ask AMs to remove what it claims are “harmful reforms” to Welsh public sector workers' rights. The reforms made by the UK Government tightened the requirements for a strike ballot.
Carwyn Jones was announcing the Welsh Government's legislative programme for the next 12 months. He said there would be fewer new laws than in the last Assembly but he announced six new bills:
- A Land Transaction Tax bill, to replace UK stamp duty.
- A Landfill Disposals Tax bill, to replace UK landfill tax.
- Trade Union legislation, to repeal the UK government's legislation
- A Public Health bill. It will not include restrictions on e-cigarettes, which led to the defeat of the previous bill.
- An Additional Learning Needs bill aimed at improving services to children and young people.
- A bill abolishing social housing tenants' Right to Buy and Right to Acquire,