Fire crews in Pembrokeshire have urged people to make sure they have proper working smoke alarms, after crews were called to a fire over the weekend caused by Christmas lights.
Firefighters were called to a house in Charles Street in Milford Haven in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The fire was caused by Christmas tea lights in the living room.
Crews took just over half an hour to put out the fire.
These photos taken after show the damage caused.
The fire service has issued a list of Do's and Dont's to stay safe this Christmas:
- Display your lights according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Make sure you buy Christmas lights from a reputable supplier
- Check the fuses are the right type
- Replace any bulbs that blow
- Only use outside leads for outside lights
- Test the batteries in your smoke alarm every week
- Don't leave Christmas lights on when you go out or go to sleep
- Don't overload sockets and extension leads
- Don't attach decorations to lights or heaters that can burn easily
- Don't let Christmas tree lightbulbs touch anything that can burn easily, like paper or fabrics