The Welsh Government is launching a new pilot offering free weekend bus travel to passengers across Wales
The pilot, which will apply to all buses on the extensive TrawsCymru network, will begin on Saturday and run every weekend until at least May 2018.
It’s hoped the scheme will act as a catalyst for bus travel in Wales, boosting not only the number of passengers but also wider use of the TrawsCymru routes.
Rob Shelley explains the free weekend bus service:
Here are the routes in the pilot:
- TrawsCymru T1 Aberystwyth – Lampeter – Carmarthen (Operates 7days per week);
- TrawsCymru T1C Aberystwyth – Lampeter – Carmarthen – Swansea – Cardiff (Daily except Sundays);
- TrawsCymru T2 Bangor – Porthmadog – Dolgellau – Abersytwyth (Operates 7 days per week);
- TrawsCymru T3 Wrexham – Llangollen – Dolgellau – Barmouth (Operates 7 days per week);
- TrawsCymru T4 Newtown – Brecon – Merthyr Tydfil – Pontypridd – Cardiff (Operates 7 days per week);
- TrawsCymru T5 Aberystwyth – New Quay – Cardigan – Fishguard – Haverfordwest (Operates 7 days per week – Sundays summer only);
- TrawsCymru T6 Brecon – Ystradgynlais – Neath – Swansea (Operates 7 days per week); and
- Cardiff Airport Express T9 services (Operates throughout the day – 7 days per week).