Three men have been sentenced for waste offences at Llandow Trading Estate in Cowbridge.
The men were sentenced for the illegal deposit and disposal of over 2000 tonnes of mixed rubbish, including wood and mattresses.
Michael Hendy has been given a 10 month jail sentence for disposing of controlled waste in Llandow in a manner likely to cause pollution of the environment or harm to human health.
Victor Keseru and Nathan Thomas have both been ordered to pay £26,000 plus £6,500 costs and have a 6 month sentence suspended for two years. They have also been ordered to undertake 225 hours of unpaid work.
They were sentenced for deposit of controlled waste in respect of which an environmental permit authorising the deposit was not in force.
- The rubbish was first noticed at the end of 2014
- It had been left unprocessed and abandoned on site
- It is activity is illegal
- All three defendants were served with enforcement notices to remove the rubbish
- None of them complied, resulting in all waste remaining on site