The first case of a deadly disease effecting dogs has been recorded in the south Wales valleys.
A Jack Russell named Bilbo from Penrhiwfer in the Rhondda contracted the flesh-eating disease Alabama Rot and sadly died last week.
Bilbo's owner Rachel noticed a cut on his paw which developed into what they describe as 'chemical burns.' She took pictures of Bilbo's injuries before he died so she could warn others.
After Bilbo died a biopsy revealed on Monday that he had died of Alabama Rot.
The first sign of Alabama Rot is usually a sore on the skin which then leads to lethargy and eventually to kidney failure. Vets believe the disease can be found in wooded areas and in muddy water.
It is the first case of the disease in the valleys. Last year a number of cases were reported in Monmouthshire.