Live updates

George North 'ruled out of Wales vs South Africa'

George North will be ruled out of Wales' final autumn international match against South Africa on Saturday, according to reports.

WalesOnline claims the 22-year-old Northampton winger will not be considered to face the Springboks, having been analysed for concussion after last weekend's defeat to New Zealand.

North was taken off against the All Blacks, after sustaining a cut above his eye. Credit: PA

Warren Gatland delayed naming his side to face South Africa from Tuesday until tomorrow, with Rhys Webb and Leigh Halfpenny also injury doubts.

North's place on the wing is likely to be taken by the Scarlets' Liam Williams.

South Africa name team to face Wales on Saturday

South Africa have named a strong side to face Wales in the final autumn international on Saturday.

There are eight changes to the team that beat Italy 22-6 last weekend. The Springboks have also lost to Ireland and beaten England in November.

The Springboks won both Tests during Wales' summer tour of South Africa in June, but Warren Gatland's side pushed them very close in the second, before losing 31-30.

South Africa coach Heyneke Meyer predicted his team will face a "tough end to our season" at the Millennium Stadium.

Wales are due to name their line-up tomorrow.

Advertisement

South African team to play Wales announced later

The South African team to play Wales in their final Autumn International is due to be announced later.

Warren Gatland will be looking for a more positive performance against South Africa. Credit: EMPICS Sport/EMPICS Sport

Wales will be looking to end the series on a high following defeats to Australia and New Zealand, as well as an unconvincing win over Fiji.

There's been pressure building on head coach Warren Gatland recently, with the New Zealander losing 27 of 28 matches to southern hemisphere sides.

Yesterday defence coach Shaun Edwards reacted angrily to questions regarding Gatland's record.

The match kicks off this Saturday at the Millennium Stadium at 2:30pm.

Cardiff City Supporters Trust withdraws Malky Mackay honorary membership

Cardiff City Supporters' Trust have withdrawn the honorary membership granted to former Bluebirds manager Malky Mackay.

The membership was originally given to his Mackay for his work at Cardiff City Credit: Chris Radburn/PA Wire

"When the initial allegations of racist, sexist and homophobic emails were first revealed, the Trust board said that it would wait for the results of a Football Association inquiry, fully expecting that to be concluded within weeks" said a trust spokesperson.

"It has not."

"With still no timetable for the FA to report, we have decided to withdraw Malky Mackay’s honorary membership of the Trust with immediate effect."

FT: Edinburgh 28-13 Cardiff Blues

Edinburgh posted their third win of the Guinness PRO12 campaign as they saw off Cardiff Blues 28-13 at BT Murrayfield, with the Welsh outfit paving the way for the hosts after having three players sin-binned at crucial moments.

Edinburgh, who also had two players yellow carded late in the game, welcomed back several men who had been out with long-term injuries and all emerged unscathed from a bruising encounter.

Two penalties by Gareth Davies were all Cardiff had to show for their efforts until seven minutes from full time when Adam Thomas touched and Davies converted.

Advertisement

  1. National

Manchester City apologise over Ched Evans calendar

Manchester City have apologised after children reportedly as young as six were given a certificate featuring convicted rapist Ched Evans.

The youngsters were given the certificate after attending a coaching course at the City academy, where Evans played for eight years before moving to Sheffield United.

Ched Evans served two and a half years of a five year sentence for rape. Credit: Martin Rickett/PA Wire

The Sun quoted one parent saying:: “It’s a disgrace. I had to explain to my six-year-old lad why someone on his award was a criminal. A rapist is hardly someone to be promoting City to children."

A Manchester City spokeswoman apologised and said the club had now withdrawn the certificates.

The club would like to apologise for any distress caused to the recipients or their parents.

It is some years since these certificates were updated and they were part of an old batch which were mistakenly distributed and which will not be distributed again.

– Manchester City spokeswoman
Load more updates