- 1 update
Most of Wales' universities will receive a small increase in the funding they receive from the Welsh Government. The Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (Hefcw) announced that institutions will receive an average of 2% more than last year.
Most of this will be made up from an increase in tuition fees. Aberystwyth University and the Open University of Wales have seen the biggest increase in funding. Glyndwr University sees the biggest drop, losing around a fifth of the money they receive.
- University of Glamorgan - 0.8%
- Aberystwyth Univesity - 7.4%
- Bangor University - 8.4%
- Cardiff University - 0.3%
- University of Trinity St David - 0.6%
- Swansea University - 5.4%
- Cardiff Metropolitan University - 4.6%
- University of Wales, Newport - 0.8%
- Glyndwr University - -20.3%
- Swansea Metropolitan University - -0.1%
- Open University in Wales - 19.2%