- 1 update
There's high satisfaction with the NHS in Wales, according to survey results published today. But 16% of patients are not satisfied with their treatment in Accident and Emergency departments and nearly a third of patients find it difficult to get a convenient appointment to see their GP.
- 97% treated with respect by their GP
- 95% treated with respect in hospital
- 92% satisfied with the care in hospital
- 84% satisfied with A&E treatment
- 31% found getting a convenient GP appointment 'difficult'
The survey results are based on 3,500 interviews across Wales. The Minister made no comment about the figure for satisfaction with A&E, which is likely to be radically reorganised in many parts of Wales under proposals from the local health boards.
Today the Assembly petitions committee considered demands signed by more than 6,000 people opposing plans for A&E and other services in Bridgend, Llantrisant and Llanelli. There was also a petition from Barry, claiming that staff shortages mean the minor injuries unit closes early.