- 15 updates
The WRU say that they hope that discussions with Regional Rugby Wales can be held 'around the board table.'
Their statement comes after the body that represents the four Welsh rugby regions said they would not attend talks with the WRU.
The group that represents the four Welsh rugby regions has pulled out of talks with the WRU. Speaking at a press conference in Cardiff, Stuart Gallagher from Regional Rugby Wales said that he was embarrassed by the propaganda coming from the WRU.
Gallagher said that they had now decided not to go to talks with the Welsh Rugby Union as 'communication has broken down.'
He said that the body was now looking to take the disagreement with the WRU to independent arbitration.
The 20-year-old winger's transfer has sparked a major row between the WRU and Wales' four regions.
The union accused the Scarlets of trying to sell North behind his back, a claim which the Llanelli club denied.
The WRU has called talks with the regions over the possible introduction of central contracts, to try to keep players in Wales.
Senior Wales players including Mike Phillips, James Hook and Luke Charteris have left to play their club rugby in France in recent years.
The Welsh Rugby Union say they are hoping to meet with representatives of the four regions at their next board meeting to diffuse the ongoing rows over the future of the game.
Both the union and the regions have released public statements over the past few days accusing each other of mishandling discussions over who should employ Welsh internationals. A matter neither seem able to agree on.
The Welsh Rugby Union says it is delighted that the four regions have sought to attend a meeting of the Union's board to "discuss issues related to their progress and development."
They said they invited them earlier this year to "present to the board of the WRU on a range of issues."
The Welsh Rugby Union has called for talks with our four professional regions over central contracts for players.
It comes after the clubs rejected claims by the union over the weekend, which included the suggestion the Scarlets held transfer talks over winger George North without him knowing.
The union will write to the Blues, Ospreys, Scarlets and Dragons today.
Wales' four professional rugby regions have hit back at series of claims from the WRU.
Sunday's statement included the suggestion the Scarlets had entered contract talks with other clubs over winger George North without him knowing.
Mike Griffiths reports.
"The players that want to stay in Wales - this little bit of uncertainty might actually just give them the little push that they need to go and look at England or go and look at France" says former Wales international and Blues player Rhys Williams.
"Players will look at capitalising as much as they can on the short professional era that they've got"
Former Wales international Andy Moore says rugby winger George North is a "world star".
He was talking to ITV News just before the Scarlets issued a statement saying they are "astonished" and "disappointed" at yesterday's Welsh Rugby Union comments on George North's future.
The WRU claim that the Scarlets tried selling him to another club before telling him first. The Scarlets have strongly denied the claims. But Andy Moore says North is "hot property".
The Scarlets have responded to the WRU's claims over George North's future.
The club says it has a policy of not being drawn into "individual discussions" about the contractual status of its players and staff.
Latest ITV News reports
Regional Rugby Wales says it's "staggered and "bitterly disappointed" by Sunday's statement from the Welsh Rugby Union.