- 8 updates
Firecrews have spent a second night dealing with a large fire that's destroyed a recycling plant in the Vale of Glamorgan.
Nearly 20 firefighters are currently at the SiteServ plant in Llandow. The blaze started on Tuesday evening.
Fire investigators are still trying to find the cause of a massive blaze that has destroyed a recycling plant in the Vale of Glamorgan.
The fire at the Siteserv plant in Llandow is now under control, but is still likely to burn for a couple of days.
Residents in the area have been told to keep doors and windows closed because there is a risk of asbestos. But the fire service say that today's rain means it will not cause a danger to the public.
Richard Morgan reports.
"Asbestos has not been confirmed at the site" said South Wales Fire & Rescue Service.
"However if asbestos is confirmed, this does not pose a safety risk to the public as heavy rainfall and water from firefighting will prevent the asbestos from spreading"
South Wales Police say the recycling plant that was on fire yesterday evening is expected to burn for two days.
Firefighters were called to a blaze at the 'SitServ Recycling Centre' in Llandow Trading Estate in Cowbridge last night.
The cause of the fire is yet to be established.
It's thought that the building has asbestos on the roof. As a precautionary measure, residents within a two mile radius, particularly those in Llantwit Major and Southerndown, are being asked to keep their doors and windows closed.
Premises near to the scene of the fire are also likely to be affected.
South Wales firefighters had to use thousands of litres of water to tackle a fire at a recycling centre in Llandow.
The blaze started yesterday evening and took hours to get under control.
Six fire engines and two aerial platforms were used.
No one was injured but the cause of the fire is still under investigation.