More charges in Princess of Wales hospital neglect probe

Two more nurses charged as part of an investigation by South Wales Police into allegations of neglect at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend.

Live updates

Two more nurses charged in hospital investigation

Police say two nurses who were arrested last month as part of an investigation into allegations of neglect at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend have now been charged.

Credit: ITV News

Jade Pugh, 29, is charged with three counts of wilful neglect and Natalie Jones, 40, has been charged with four counts of wilful neglect.

Natalie Jones will appear before Bridgend Magistrates on Friday 12th September and Jade Pugh on Wednesday 24th September.

The charges relate to three patients.

Read more: Fifteenth nurse suspended in hospital probe

14th nurse suspended in ABMU Health Board probe

Abertawe Bro Morganwg University Health Board says one more nurse has been suspended as part of an investigation into alleged improprieties in blood glucometry record-keeping at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend.

13 of the suspended nurses were based at Princess of Wales Hospital

13 of the nurses are based at the hospital, with another at Morriston Hospital.

In June, three of those suspended were charged with willful neglect in relation to falsifying entries in patients' notes at the Princess of Wales Hospital.

The health board says it has been carrying out audits and spot checks of blood glucometry record-keeping across all its hospitals and will continue to do so.

Advertisement

ABMU health board 'assisting police with investigations'

Over the last 15 months three nurses have been arrested and given police bail in connection with police investigations at the Princess of Wales Hospital. We are aware that the three have now been charged.

Clearly this matter is now sub judice and therefore we will not be commenting further at this stage. We continue to assist South Wales Police with their investigations.

– Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
  1. National

Nurses to appear in Bridgend court on July 28th

Three nurses charged with wilful neglect will appear in court in Bridgend on July 28th, South Wales Police said.

Following a South Wales Police investigation into allegations of neglect involving falsification of entries in patients’ notes at the Princess of Wales Hospital three people have been charged with wilful neglect contrary to Section 44 Mental Capacity Act 2005.

The three are all nurses at the hospital and have been suspended since last year.

They are Lauro Bertulano, 44, Clare Cahill, 41 and Rebecca Jones, 29. All come from the Bridgend area. They are scheduled to appear before Bridgend Magistrates Court on Monday 28th July.

Back to top