A man has appeared in court today accused of the murder of a 27-year-old married dad who died following an alleged attack outside a nightclub in Bangor.
During a three-minute hearing, 26-year-old Kieran Roberts, of Maesgeirchen in Bangor, was remanded in custody by magistrates at Llandudno charged with the murder of Henry Ayabowei on April 2nd.
Father-of-two Mr Ayabowei, of Llangefni, Anglesey, known to friends as Henry Esin and nicknamed 'Romeo', played soccer for local sides on the island.
He died in hospital at Stoke-on-Trent after being found unconscious outside the Peep nightclub Bangor in the early hours of Saturday.
Mr Roberts will appear at Caernarfon crown court tomorrow.
North Wales Police have been given more time to interview a man arrested following the death of another man outside the Peep nightclub in Bangor.
27-year-old Henry Ayabowei, a father of two, died following the incident on Dean Street, between the junction of Brick Street and the High Street, in the early hours of Saturday.
Police arrested a 26-year-old local man in connection with the attack and have now been granted an extra day to question him.
Whilst the investigation remains at an early stage, we are grateful to the public for their significant support following Henry’s tragic death.
A Home Office post mortem will also take place later.
A man who died following an incident at a nightclub in Bangor in the early hours of Saturday morning has been named by police.
27-year-old Henry Ayabowei from Llangefni, who is a father of two, was found unconscious outside the Peep nightclub following reports of an assault. He later died in hospital.
In a statement on its Facebook page, Llanfairpwll FC, who Mr Ayabowei played for, paid tribute to the man also known locally as Henry "Romeo" Esin.
It is with great regret that we have just heard the tragic news that Henry "Romeo" Esin has passed away as a result of the injuries received.
We offer Henry's family and friends our sincerest condolences at this most heartbreaking time. Gone but never forgotten, a true gentleman in every sense.
A 26-year-old local man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
A house in Bangor has been boarded up for three months following complaints of drug use and antisocial behaviour.Read the full story ›
The student, who has lived in the UK since she was 12, faced leaving the UK three months before completing her degree.Read the full story ›
Bangor sailor Alex Thomson finished second in the 2016-17 Vendee Globe round the world race on Friday morning.Read the full story ›
A man has appeared in court charged with the stabbing of a homeless man in Bangor .
Police say a 53-year-old homeless man had been stabbed whilst sleeping rough in an archway near to the Castle Pub.
26-year-old Matthew Roberts was arrested in connection with the incident and subsequently charged with wounding and possession of a knife.
He was remanded in custody until February.
Police say incidents like this are 'extremely rare'.
I must stress that incidents of this nature are extremely rare in Bangor but when they do occur the investigations are detailed and extensive. If you witnessed this incident or have any information please contact Police on 101 or call crime stoppers anonymously.
A man’s body has been found in woodland near the Tesco store at Bangor this afternoon.
Police said the death wasn’t suspicious.
His name hasn’t yet been released
Police said today that a 33-year-old man arrested after a BMW car hit a pedestrian in Upper Bangor yesterday has now been charged.
He has been accused of driving without due care and attention, failing to stop after an accident, driving whilst disqualified and without insurance and aggravated vehicle taking. The man, who is local, has been bailed to appear before magistrates at Caernarfon on October 14.
The 25-year-old male pedestrian who was taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd is not as seriously injured as first thought and has now been released from hospital.
A man has been charged after an alleged 'hit and run' incident in Bangor which left a pedestrian in hospital.
Crews were called just after 12 o'clock on Thursday afternoon, after reports of a collision involving a BMW and a pedestrian on Holyhead Road, Upper Bangor.
The driver then made away from the scene and later arrested.
The 33-year-old man, who is local to the area, has been charged with driving a vehicle without due care and attention, failing to stop after an accident, driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance and aggravated vehicle taking.
He's been bailed and will appear before Caernarfon Magistrates in October.
The 25-year-old man who was taken to hospital is not as seriously injured as first thought and has now been sent home.