Great Western Rail is advising customers to plan ahead this Christmas in order to travel as easy as possible.Read the full story ›
According to new figures from the Federation of Small Businesses, Wales’ small-to-medium sized businesses turn over £46 billion a year.Read the full story ›
Next week will see tree growers from across Britain descend on a farm at Three Crosses near Swansea for the annual Christmas tree contest.
The winner is traditionally granted the honour of putting up a tree outside 10 Downing Street.
Our members work hard throughout the year to produce quality trees that the public want to adorn their homes.
They are trying to keep alive the tradition of buying a real Christmas tree and making it a family occasion.
Good growing conditions this year means we are expecting an exceptional display of spruces, pines and firs.
Every year the charity 'Wish-Upon-A-Star' takes very sick children from across the UK to meet the real Father Christmas.Read the full story ›
The bulk of that money will be spent on presents but almost half of Britons will turn to credit cards and overdrafts to cover the cost.Read the full story ›
The parody, by a Welsh furniture shop, features a nan enjoying a Hangover-style wild night out on the town. See what she gets up to here.Read the full story ›
Are you and your family savvy savers? We'd like to hear from you and how you're planning on cutting the cost of Christmas this year.Read the full story ›
The Millennium Falcon has made the list but find out which other toys have been tipped to be a 'must have' this Christmas.Read the full story ›
The President of the AA, Edmund King, has been telling ITV News about what you can expect on the roads this Christmas:
South Wales Police have offered these handy hints to keep your home safe over the festive period:
- Arrange for parcels to be delivered with neighbours if you're going to be out.
- Make sure presents and valuables aren't visible through windows.
- Secure all doors and windows before you leave home - even if you're only away for a short while.
- Protect patio doors with additional locks or security measures.
- Set your burglar alarm when you go to bed at night and when you leave during the day.
- Don't keep house or car keys in obvious locations or anywhere near the front doors.
- Never leave a door key in a convenient hiding place, like under a flower pot etc.
- Use a door chain before you answer the door.
- Be aware of uninvited callers - check identities and if in doubt don't let them in.
- Don't advertise that your home is empty - if you are going away, be careful who you tell. Consider who may have access to messages that you put on social media.