I told you last night that a deal had been done to form a multi-party administration to run Conwy. I got the figures wrong! The new cabinet will actually be made up of 3 Plaid counillors, 4 Independent, 2 Labour and 1 Lib Dem.
Plaid Cymru's Councillor Dilwyn Roberts was re-elected as leader at the authority's annual meeting this morning. His deputy will be Labour Councillor Ronnie Hughes. Stuart Anderson and Liz Roberts were chosen as Chair and Vice Chair respectively. Here's the rest of the cabinet:
- Councillor Jason Weyman [Ind] - Finance & Resources
- Councillor Graham Rees [Ind] - Communication, Marketing & Leisure
- Councillor Chris Hughes [Lab] - Social Care & Health
- Councillor Wyn Ellis Jones [PC] - Skills & Lifelong Learning
- Councillor Dave Cowans [Ind] - Environment
- Councillor Phil Edwards [PC] - Communities
- Councillor Philip Evans [Ind] - Governance & Regulation
- Councillor Mike Priestly [Lib Dem] - Highways & Property
I've heard tonight that a deal has been agreed to form a multi-party administration for Conwy council. It won't be finalised until a meeting at 10am tomorrow but I gather it's a new version of the 'anti-Tory alliance' which ran Conwy before the election.
I understand the cabinet will be made up of 2 Labour councillors, 3 Liberal Democrats, 2 Independents and 3 Plaid members. The Conservatives will provide the opposition.