E-cigarettes are more popular than ever before, with an estimated two million people in the UK now calling themselves not smokers, but 'vapers'. Their usage has trebled in the last two years and they are hailed, by some, as a miracle cure for those wishing to kick the habit of smoking.
But there are fresh concerns over the safety of the devices after a woman from Tenby was left with serious burns from a fire caused by her e-cigarette that was on charge overnight.
Wales' Health Minister Mark Drakeford will introduce a White Paper later, setting out a number of new law proposals to tackle some of Wales' major public health challenges.
His proposals include a minimum price for alcohol of 50p per unit, and a restriction on the use of e-cigarettes in public places.
Advice has been issued to e-cigarette users after reports of several devices exploding while charging, causing minor fires.
- Never leave e-cigarettes on charge unattended for long periods
- Do not mix components of different e-cigarettes
- Only use the charger supplied
- Ensure you purchase your e-cigarette from a reputable source
- Test your smoke alarm regularly
- Contact Trading Standards over any e-cigarette safety concerns
South Wales Fire & Rescue crews say e-cigarettes have been linked to a 'number of incidents' across the UK.
Users of electronic cigarettes are being warned of the potential danger of the devices exploding while charging, following several minor fires across the UK.
Fire crews in South Wales have highlighted two recent incidents where the batteries from the e-cigarettes had exploded, travelling up to two metres across the room before landing on a carpet and catching fire.
Both incidents happened as the e-cigarettes were being charged.
South Wales Fire & Rescue Service said on each occasion the small fire was immediately extinguished, but is now warning people not to leave their e-cigarettes charging unattended.
Plans for a complete ban on smoking on Cardiff and Vale health board sites have been unveiled. It would make the board the last in Wales to introduce a total smoking ban. But it would also include a ban on e-cigarettes which are becoming increasingly popular. James Crichton-Smith reports.
The British Medical Association in Wales says there needs to be tighter regulation on e-cigarettes. Dr David Bailey, from the BMA, told ITV News more restrictions are needed on both the content of the devices but also that they should be banned in public.
Doctors leaders in Wales are calling for tighter regulation of electronic cigarettes as they become more popular among consumers.
The devices, which can contain nicotine, have been credited with stopping thousands of people from smoking.
And they are now powering a big growth in the number of e-cigarette shops in communities right across Wales.But the BMA here says more evidence is needed to show how effective they are.
They want them to be banned in the workplace and public spaces including hospitals and clinics. Rob Osborne reports.
We've been asking for your views on e-cigarettes, as the BMA calls for greater regulation on the devices.
Here are a few of your opinions: