All of those who were at the University Hospital of Wales after being injured in a series of collisions in Cardiff just over a week ago have now been discharged.
The alleged hit-and-run collisions took place in several locations to the west of Cardiff, including Grand Avenue, Cowbridge Road West and the Leckwith Retail Park on October 19.
31-year-old Karina Menzies died as a result of the incident.
13 other people were injured including at least seven children.
A 31-year-old man remains in police custody charged with murder, 13 counts of attempted murder, four counts of actual bodily harm and one of dangerous driving. He will reappear in court on 28th January.
Fire fighters from Ely station in Cardiff have been helping to raise money for the victims of a series of incidents that happened in the Ely and Leckwith areas of the city last Friday. They've been washing cars at the station as well as collecting donations.
Today's fundraisers follow a walk through Cardiff on Friday to mark a week since thirty one year old Karina Menzies was killed and 13 other people were injured.
Thirty one year old Matthew Tvrdon has been charged with murder, attempted murder, actual bodily harm and driving dangerously.
Ely fire fighters will be raising money for the victims of a series of incidents that took place in the Ely and Leckwith areas of CardiffRead the full story ›
A week after a series of alleged hit and run collisions in Cardiff left one woman dead and 13 others injured, members of the community are gathering together this lunchtime to walk through the city.
They'll pass all of the sites where people were hurt.
Carl Edwards reports
Today the Reverend Jan Gould told ITV Wales how the community's support has helped the family of Ely crash victim Karina Menzies.
"We've got the funeral to come, and that's going to be the next difficult hurdle for them," she said.
"But they know this community is here for them, and beyond this community people are here for them - supporting them with their prayers and with their donations to the fund".
Hundreds of people are expected to take part in a special walk to remember 31-year-old Karina Menzies.Read the full story ›
Bosses at Cardiff's University Hospital of Wales say they're 'disappointed' by comments made by an AM about the response to the hit and run incidents in the city last week. Responding to concerns raised by Conservative AM Darren Millar that the hospital may have been struggling to cope, they said:
The unit fully reopened at 7pm only two hours after these tragic events. At the time of the incident the numbers and condition of the patients we were expecting was unknown due to the complexity and nature of the incident the emergency services were dealing with. This does not mean that the UHB was unable to cope with the volume of patients we received but was an appropriate action in line with the Major Incident procedure and our need to respond to needs of the severely injured.
A Welsh Government source has added to the criticism, saying that:
At a time when people - including children - are still being treated at UHW, these remarks show a total lack of respect and human warmth. People will be appalled by his comments, coming so soon after the horrendous events of last Friday. Hospital staff performed with great professionalism and skill under very difficult circumstances. Everyone is grateful for the dedication they showed. This begs the question - where on earth is Darren Millar's judgement?
I've spoken to Darren Millar tonight who said he was simply asking a 'reasonable question' about concerns which had been raised with him and that he was perfectly satisfied by the explanation. He told me:
My sympathies extend to the families involved and I appreciate the hard work done by doctors and A&E staff. I was simply raising concerns which had been raised with me about the capacity of emergency services in our capital city to deal with a major incident. It's a shame there wasn't this clarity before but I'm now satisfied that the health board was responding in a planned way to what was a major incident.
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board has confirmed that they are still caring for six patients, including three children, following the series of road traffic collisions in Cardiff on Friday. All are now in a stable condition.
Matthew Tvrdon appeared via video link at Newport Crown Court earlier this morning, following a series of hit and run incidents in Cardiff on Friday. He spoke to confirm that he understood what was being discussed.
The 31-year-old wore a dark jumper and bowed his head as the court sat to decide when he'll appear next.
Matthew Tvrdon is charged with murder, 13 counts of attempted murder, four counts of actual bodily harm and one of dangerous driving. He will reappear in court on 28th January.