The Welsh Government says it's setting ambitious goals for the legacy that it and other public bodies leave future generations. The minister in charge of the legislation says a new law will require them to make decisions that leave a positive legacy for our children, and children’s children.
Mr Cuthbert said one example is the Welsh Government's work to promote healthier lifestyles and campaigns on obesity, smoking and alcohol to help improve people’s health and help manage future demand on NHS Wales.
The reshuffle caused by Leighton Andrews' resignation has led to a new role in cabinet for Huw Lewis and a promotion to cabinet for Jeff Cuthbert. In addition, two new deputy minister, Vaughan Gething and Ken Skates, join the Welsh Government for the first time.
The new government in full is as follows
- CABINET MINISTERS
- Rt Hon Carwyn Jones AM First Minister
- Edwina Hart AM Minister for Economy, Science & Transport
- Mark Drakeford AM Minister for Health & Social Services
- Jeff Cuthbert AM Minister for Communities & Tackling Poverty
- Lesley Griffiths AM Minister for Local Government & Government Business
- Jane Hutt AM Minister for Finance
- John Griffiths AM Minister for Culture & Sport
- Huw Lewis AM Minister for Education & Skills
- Carl Sargeant AM Minister for Housing & Regeneration
- Alun Davies AM Minister for Natural Resources & Food
- DEPUTY MINISTERS
- Gwenda Thomas AM Deputy Minister for Social Services
- Ken Skates AM Deputy Minister for Skills & Technology
- Vaughan Gething AM Deputy Minister for Tackling Poverty