Lancashire MP Nigel Evans will go on trial accused of sexual offences next March. He appeared in the dock at Preston Crown Court.
Swansea-born MP Nigel Evans will go on trial next March, accused of sexual offences.
The MP for Ribble Valley in Lancashire and former deputy speaker of the House of Commons appeared at Preston Crown Court for a preliminary hearing today.
The 55-year-old is accused of two counts of indecent assault, five of sexual assault and one of rape.
The case was adjourned until January.
A trial was set for 10 March next year.
The offices of Swansea-born MP Nigel Evans were searched by police on Sunday in connection with an investigation into allegations of rape and sexual assault.
Mr Evans is Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons and Conservative MP for Ribble Valley in Lancashire.
Commons Speaker John Bercow said the offices were searched after an order was granted by Preston Crown Court on Thursday. He said he had been consulted before officers entered Parliament.
Mr Evans was arrested on May 4 on suspicion of raping one man and sexually assaulting another between July 2009 and March 2013.
He strenuously denies the allegations and has stepped aside from his duties in the Commons though he has not been suspended.